The Student Room Group

Should I apply for a foundation year as a choice alongside the normal course?

I'm applying at the university of Sheffield, and they offer the course I'd like with and without a foundation year. Would it be worth putting both down as two of my choices, or if I were to only apply for the normal course, would they offer me a foundation year if they didn't think I was eligible for the normal one? I also don't want to put both down in case they jump straight to the foundation year as I'd rather not have an extra years study if I don't have to do it
Original post by chilenobritanico
I'm applying at the university of Sheffield, and they offer the course I'd like with and without a foundation year. Would it be worth putting both down as two of my choices, or if I were to only apply for the normal course, would they offer me a foundation year if they didn't think I was eligible for the normal one? I also don't want to put both down in case they jump straight to the foundation year as I'd rather not have an extra years study if I don't have to do it

generally it's not worth it - put down yr 1 entry. Most universities will consider you for foundation entry if you're not made an offer/accepted into yr 1 but you can ring Sheffield this morning and ask if that's the case for them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending