The Student Room Group

Sfe going part time

My son is at university and is about to start semester 2 in his third year. He has disabilities and receives dsa. He has decided to go part time for rest of his third year and the university are supporting this. He repeated and completed his second year (was given a refund due to issues).
What does he have to regarding finance/dsa? Does he have to apply for dsa again for his next academic year?
Thank you
Original post by Halliz
My son is at university and is about to start semester 2 in his third year. He has disabilities and receives dsa. He has decided to go part time for rest of his third year and the university are supporting this. He repeated and completed his second year (was given a refund due to issues).
What does he have to regarding finance/dsa? Does he have to apply for dsa again for his next academic year?
Thank you

I've moved you thread to the Ask SFE forum to help you get a reply. :smile:
Original post by Halliz
Thank you

Hi there,

What university does your Son attend? Will he be continuing at the same university after changing to Part Time? Thanks, Ross
Hi,

Has your son contacted his wellbeing or disability team at his university? They maybe able to help and support him with this issue. They will probably have supported students in the past who have received DSA and swapped over to part time from full time.

Here’s a link to the GOV.UK website that has some useful information regarding DSA.

https://www.gov.uk/disabled-students-allowance-dsa

Suzan - Student Ambassador
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,

What university does your Son attend? Will he be continuing at the same university after changing to Part Time? Thanks, Ross
Hi there,

If you wish to respond here and we'll be able to further assist. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending