The Student Room Group

Sanctioned Nurse

Hi everyone . Please don’t judge me . So I have worked as a nurse for 4 years however I got struck off after I got a criminal conviction for fraud ( falsifying timesheets when I worked as a health care assistant) and can no longer work as a nurse . My conviction happened before I qualified and I declared it to nmc which triggered an investigation resulting in a strike off . Given my history I applies to become a radiographer and got a place at a nearby university. Will I be able to register with HCPC given my history with NMC . I had no clinical issues whilst I worked as a nurse .
Reply 1
Were you permanently struck off? Have you disclosed that you were struck off to the university you’ve applied to study radiography at? I can’t imagine the hcpc will allow you to register with them given the information you have shared here tbh.
Reply 2
Were you asked anything about this during the application?
Reply 3
Original post by moonkatt
Were you permanently struck off? Have you disclosed that you were struck off to the university you’ve applied to study radiography at? I can’t imagine the hcpc will allow you to register with them given the information you have shared here tbh.

Yes I declared it all at the beginning of my application and even discussed the circumstances during the interview. But they still approved my place . But now I am worried to go do all 3 years only to be rejected at registration
Reply 4
Original post by Skcpearin
Yes I declared it all at the beginning of my application and even discussed the circumstances during the interview. But they still approved my place . But now I am worried to go do all 3 years only to be rejected at registration

Ok, well I imagine they wouldn’t have offered you a place if they didn’t think you would be able to register at the end of it. I think it may be wise to query it with them again to be sure and explain that you are worried about difficulties with gaining hcpc registration at the end of the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending