The Student Room Group

Sitting Alevels as a Private Candidate

I’m sitting my alevels as a private candidate. I heard that we have to get approval from the college before paying for it. I tried multiple times to email the teachers involved and i haven’t heard back. I even went to the college to look for him but he wasn’t there. I’m scared as the deadline to pay for the exams is getting very close. What can i do ? Somebody please help !
Original post by pirate crab
I’m sitting my alevels as a private candidate. I heard that we have to get approval from the college before paying for it. I tried multiple times to email the teachers involved and i haven’t heard back. I even went to the college to look for him but he wasn’t there. I’m scared as the deadline to pay for the exams is getting very close. What can i do ? Somebody please help !

Find another college or school that would be wiling to accept you as a private candidate?

Whilst it's nice to do the A Levels at the college you went to, it's going to be easier if you don't put all your eggs in one basket. It's unfortunately one of the things that you would need to put up with in this process.

If you want help locating these said exam centres, I would need to know which exam board(s) that you're with and a postcode of roughly the location that you're based. If you want to know how to do this yourself, let me know as well.

Helloo use the jcq search tool to look for another college which you can use as a backup. Also maybe go to the main reception of this college, explain your situation and get them contact your person. Lastly, even if you cross the deadline, you can still register for exams, but the fees will increase. I know that this is true for pretty much all exam centres BUT make sure to clarify this with your college (and backup!). This process is very painful but once it's done, it's done!
Reply 3

You need the Exams officer - phone and make an appointment.
Reply 4
Original post by MindMax2000
Find another college or school that would be wiling to accept you as a private candidate?

Whilst it's nice to do the A Levels at the college you went to, it's going to be easier if you don't put all your eggs in one basket. It's unfortunately one of the things that you would need to put up with in this process.

If you want help locating these said exam centres, I would need to know which exam board(s) that you're with and a postcode of roughly the location that you're based. If you want to know how to do this yourself, let me know as well.

thank you so much ❤️
dont worry about the deadlines passing btw, you might have to pay more but they can register you for an exam up until the day of the exam
hello, i'm a bit late to this thread but i'm also looking to retake and i'm not sure where in London I can go

at this point i know i'm going to have to pay late fees but i would really prefer not to wait for another year...
Original post by sharkbaitcat
hello, i'm a bit late to this thread but i'm also looking to retake and i'm not sure where in London I can go
at this point i know i'm going to have to pay late fees but i would really prefer not to wait for another year...
Use the jcq search tool!

Quick Reply

Latest