The Student Room Group

Mature students - what to look for when choosing your uni (postgrad)?

Hi,

I'm interested to hear from mature students!

What were/ are you looking for when choosing a university for postgraduate study? Did you find many universities that were able to meet your criteria?

Gemma
2nd year Environment & Agrifood PhD student
Cranfield Student Ambassador
Original post by Cranfield University
Hi,

I'm interested to hear from mature students!

What were/ are you looking for when choosing a university for postgraduate study? Did you find many universities that were able to meet your criteria?

Gemma
2nd year Environment & Agrifood PhD student
Cranfield Student Ambassador

Hey Gemma 👋

I looked at the degree accreditation which was most important to me, and the integrated placement programme that not all universities offer.

I wasn't against the idea of relocating but I was happy that the course I was looking at was offered at a uni close to home.

Being a mature student I wanted to keep my social network of friends and family nearby. I've met some great people at uni on my course and through societies but I'm also older than most of my peers here. I feel like I've got a good balance of uni social life and off-campus life.

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
Original post by EssexStudentRep
Hey Gemma 👋

I looked at the degree accreditation which was most important to me, and the integrated placement programme that not all universities offer.

I wasn't against the idea of relocating but I was happy that the course I was looking at was offered at a uni close to home.

Being a mature student I wanted to keep my social network of friends and family nearby. I've met some great people at uni on my course and through societies but I'm also older than most of my peers here. I feel like I've got a good balance of uni social life and off-campus life.

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley

Hi Hayley,

Thank you for a really great and balanced answer! What subject do you study if you don't mind sharing?

Best wishes,
Gemma 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending