The Student Room Group

HOWW to Apply for Universities

Idk how to Apply for Universities and am doing my A Levels rn, do I take my predicted grades and apply cuz my As weren't really good (C,D,E) UCAS or in UAE
Original post by Anas007
Idk how to Apply for Universities and am doing my A Levels rn, do I take my predicted grades and apply cuz my As weren't really good (C,D,E) UCAS or in UAE

You apply via https://www.ucas.com/. When you create your application, you will be asked for details of your education and qualifications. Enter each AS level qualification, and the grade you actually obtained. Enter each A level qualification, but leave the grade as "Pending".

You will also be asked for details of your referee. Once you've submitted your application, UCAS will contact that person and ask them to write a reference. Your referee will also be asked to change each of those "Pending" grades into a predicted grade. Your referee would therefore normally be someone at your school / college.

Some universities will ignore the AS grades, on the basis that not all A level applicants will have AS grades, so to use them in making offer decisions would be unfair. Others take the view that every piece of information you provide is of use. Those universities might be unconvinced if your A level predictions don't seem to make sense given your AS grades - unless your reference contains some explanation / justification for the discrepancy.

Note that your application (including the reference and predicted grades) needs to have reached UCAS by 18:00 UTC on 31 January if it is to receive "equal consideration". After that, you may find that the course for which you apply is full - and you don't receive an offer - despite having a strong application.

Good luck! :crossedf:
Reply 2
Note that your application (including the reference and predicted grades) needs to have reached UCAS by 18:00 UTC on 31 January if it is to receive "equal consideration". After that, you may find that the course for which you apply is full - and you don't receive an offer - despite having a strong application. - If I want to go to Uni in Jan 2025, when should I start applying/when is should I be applying?
Original post by Anas007
- If I want to go to Uni in Jan 2025, when should I start applying/when is should I be applying?

Most UK full-time undergraduate degree courses start in late September / early October each year.

Can you please clarify for which course you'd be applying (with a January 2025 start date) to ensure that I answer your question accurately.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending