The Student Room Group

howw do i stop oversharing and acting this wayyyy

im not the type to overshare and ****. im not even particularly friendly aorund most peoplq. but on xanax, so prerrt much much every day, dont judge me, because trust me i do need it, i suddenly ******* turn into this oversharing mess. i'll tell my ******* deepest secrets even to strangers, and then deeply regret it a few hours later.
like now
i just want to cry :<
i said stuff i shouldnt have, stuff i didnt want people to know now that im back home it finally hit me
and its irreversible . things werent this bad on othr benzos i was on but had to swtich
how can i control myself better. please be nice bc im already sad
Reply 1
I think you need to go back to your doctor and discuss the meds you are on - explain what is happening.

You wear your heart on your sleeve. Do the circumstances under which you 'blab' have the same build up or pattern?
It's ok blaming the drugs but they just lift the lid off your inhibition and you are the same 'core' person underneath.
What is unresolved in the stuff you 'blab' that you haven't come to terms with or have dealt with that you need to offload to a complete stranger? Subconsciously you did want people to know the stuff you said.

Deal with the unresolved in your head and it may be you don't need to go off on one when you are in that same frame of mind?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttly
I think you need to go back to your doctor and discuss the meds you are on - explain what is happening.

You wear your heart on your sleeve. Do the circumstances under which you 'blab' have the same build up or pattern?
It's ok blaming the drugs but they just lift the lid off your inhibition and you are the same 'core' person underneath.
What is unresolved in the stuff you 'blab' that you haven't come to terms with or have dealt with that you need to offload to a complete stranger? Subconsciously you did want people to know the stuff you said.

Deal with the unresolved in your head and it may be you don't need to go off on one when you are in that same frame of mind?

i guess they kinda do have the same pattern.. like, you know how our brains usually judge if a person is safe or not safe when we first meet them? under normal circumstances, when im completely sober, i dont consider anyone safe if i dont know them well. but when im on xanax and that fake feeling of calm just hits me, my brain will like, consider some people safe, even random strangers. and just ******* tell them everything. really personal stuff. about my boyfriend. about my mh issues. past traumas. literally the worst stuff you can think of

i honestly hope to god that im not that person deep down, lol. because i hate that weak biitch. why would i want people to know these things. its like exposing your own weaknesses. people always use them against you, eventually

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending