The Student Room Group

Rate these universities

Hiya,
I was wondering if any of you would help me on this. I am having a very hard time choosing what uni to go. in my UCAS application i have applied to the following:
* Bangor
* Hull
* Lincoln
* Chichester
* sussex

I am applying for mechanical engineering to all of them, expect Bangor. I would like the ranking to be in terms of safety, uni accom, how the uni life and any general things that stood out to you.

I have went to open day and next week i am going to bangor for their open day.
I would really appreciate any advise that you can give me, which make this decision making a bit smoother.
Original post by firza
Hiya,
I was wondering if any of you would help me on this. I am having a very hard time choosing what uni to go. in my UCAS application i have applied to the following:
* Bangor
* Hull
* Lincoln
* Chichester
* sussex

I am applying for mechanical engineering to all of them, expect Bangor. I would like the ranking to be in terms of safety, uni accom, how the uni life and any general things that stood out to you.

I have went to open day and next week i am going to bangor for their open day.
I would really appreciate any advise that you can give me, which make this decision making a bit smoother.

Rankings are totally meaningless and not a very good way of deciding. They vary depending on the body undertaking the ranking and change from year to year. They wont help you know where you will be happiest.

You can use things like Complete University Guide or Guardian and filter on the various factors such as safety, entry standard etc but it really wont help you.
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
Rankings are totally meaningless and not a very good way of deciding. They vary depending on the body undertaking the ranking and change from year to year. They wont help you know where you will be happiest.

You can use things like Complete University Guide or Guardian and filter on the various factors such as safety, entry standard etc but it really wont help you.

Hiya,
I totally understand where you coming from and i do agree these corporate basis rankings are meaningless. However what i would like is students telling me their experience's with these uni or they know someone who does. As that is the source i am willing to trust.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending