The Student Room Group

Easy university for bptc

I completed my LLB degree from the University of London now I want to do my bat at law degree. So in this regard which university offers a more flexible and short time duration for completing and also easiest for doing bptc.
Original post by FahimUOL
I completed my LLB degree from the University of London now I want to do my bat at law degree. So in this regard which university offers a more flexible and short time duration for completing and also easiest for doing bptc.

Hi Fahim!

Congrats on completing your LLB :clap2:
I am going to be studying the BPC with ULAW in September! If you choose to start in September, the course finishes in May so it is only 8/9 months long and teaching actually finishes in March so the last few months are just revision and exams. Although you cannot study this course online with ULAW, you are able to study it part-time at the weekends if you need a more flexible timetable. However, if you choose to study part-time, the course will be longer and will take you an extra year to complete although there are definitely benefits to taking your time with this course :smile:. No BPC is easy, however, having studied my MA with ULAW, I have found that there is a really great support network which always makes studying any course a lot easier! Also, in terms of the BPC, ULAW actually has a pass rate of approx 48%-60% (depending on the campus you choose to study at) making it an institution with one of the highest average pass rates in the country which is personally one of the reasons I have chosen to study with them again!

I hope this helps!

Sophie :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by UniofLaw Student
Hi Fahim!

Congrats on completing your LLB :clap2:
I am going to be studying the BPC with ULAW in September! If you choose to start in September, the course finishes in May so it is only 8/9 months long and teaching actually finishes in March so the last few months are just revision and exams. Although you cannot study this course online with ULAW, you are able to study it part-time at the weekends if you need a more flexible timetable. However, if you choose to study part-time, the course will be longer and will take you an extra year to complete although there are definitely benefits to taking your time with this course :smile:. No BPC is easy, however, having studied my MA with ULAW, I have found that there is a really great support network which always makes studying any course a lot easier! Also, in terms of the BPC, ULAW actually has a pass rate of approx 48%-60% (depending on the campus you choose to study at) making it an institution with one of the highest average pass rates in the country which is personally one of the reasons I have chosen to study with them again!

I hope this helps!

Sophie :smile:

what about rest of the university...which university is flexible for doing bar at law and needs short time and also easy comparing all of the bar school.
what about rest of the university...which university is flexible for doing bar at law and needs short time and also easy comparing all of the bar school.

Unfortunately, with the Bar course, all university providers offer slightly different courses at different costs and lengths which can make it quite confusing! I would recommend looking here: <https://www.barstandardsboard.org.uk/uploads/assets/adeb685a-26f7-434d-9c0ccb33c05de50f/BAR-TRAINING-2022-STATISTICS-BY-COURSE-PROVIDER.pdf> to see a really handy course comparison between different institutions which should help you to make your decision. Hopefully this helps! :smile:

Sophie
Reply 4
In your point of view which bar school is so much flexible, also passing rate high, shortest course length and lastly easy to pass or comparatively easy from other bar school. I want to pass very flixibely and easy way no matter which bar scool it is..
In your point of view which bar school is so much flexible, also passing rate high, shortest course length and lastly easy to pass or comparatively easy from other bar school. I want to pass very flixibely and easy way no matter which bar scool it is..

Hi Fahim!

From my own research into choosing which bar course I want to study on, I personally think that all of the bar courses are a very similar length if you choose to study full time (approx. one year). Having studied at the University of Law for my conversion course, I know that they offer a great support system throughout your studies which will always help with making the course as flexible and easy as it can be, hence why I have chosen to continue my studies with them for the BPC :smile: . In terms of passing rates, Legal Cheek recently posted these stats which are really helpful: https://www.legalcheek.com/2023/03/bar-course-provider-pass-rates-vary-from-93-to-just-22-new-report-shows/

Unfortunately, there is no right answer to your question and it really does depend on personal circumstances such as where you want to live whilst you study etc. I would recommend considering other defining factors such as location, whether you want to do a LLM alongside the course and course fees as these are likely to be the biggest differences between institutions.

I hope this helps and good luck choosing!!

Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending