The Student Room Group

I get a perverse pleasure from being overlooked or underrated by women

Anyone else like this? Is it weird? They say struggle builds character so maybe it's better to be underrated than overrated.
Reply 1
Underrated at what? Basketball? Chess?
Original post by Gazpacho.
Underrated at what? Basketball? Chess?

In terms of attractiveness and potential.
Reply 3
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
In terms of attractiveness and potential.

If that floats your boat, so be it. However if you are getting overlooked all the time and don't want to be single, you may want to do something about it.
Original post by Gazpacho.
If that floats your boat, so be it. However if you are getting overlooked all the time and don't want to be single, you may want to do something about it.

Good thinking lol. I am assuredly single.
Reply 5
Turning pain in to pleasure experiences can be pretty destructive. Although you can dwell on those that don’t like you, and it is compelling to do this, it’s better to spend time searching out those that do. I think rather too regularly about my failures
(edited 3 months ago)
Maybe it's because you know that the lack of mutual interest means that they are not the right person.

After all, every wrong person brings you some extra life experience.
Often this will help you come ever closer to finding the right person or being able to swiftly recognise obviously incompatible people who are attracted and honest but not at all suited to your ambitions & lifestyle.
Is this a kink/BDSM/ thing? If so, there's nothing to worry about. If it applies to non-sexual experience, ask a therapist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending