The Student Room Group

I've never felt any sensation in my clitoris

Basically, I've never had any desire to masturbate at all because I feel almost nothing (and absolutely no pleasure) when my clitoris is touched.

And before anyone tells me to look at anatomical diagram: I KNOW where my clit is - it doesn't take much searching to find!

When I say I feel 'almost nothing' I mean the sensation is similar to the feeling I get if I touch my arm: I'm vaguely aware that it's being touched but there is no intensity of feeling (no pain, no pleasure).

I've been aware of my 'dead clit' for a few years now but have always assumed that sexual experience with a guy/penetration would somehow change this and bring me some sort of pleasure.

I'm worried because I keep reading articles about how 'most women can only orgasm through clitoral stimulation' and about the benefits of learning how to pleasure yourself first in order to show a partner what feels good. Which only makes me feel worse :frown:

My sex drive has always been very low (possibly because of this?) and I've just recently started dating someone for the first time (I'm a virgin).

I'm really scared that I won't be able to experience any sexual pleasure from him or orgasm with him. Ever. :frown:
Reply 1
This is going to sound so silly.

but masterbate it will be odd the first time.

you need to kinda brake it in?

if you understand what I mean by that
Sounds like your in need of a foreign hand, Im happy to help. :sexface:
Reply 3
I'm the same. There are quite a few of us in fact. It's absolutely fine, it doesn't mean you won't enjoy sex. In fact those of us who don't have clitoral orgasms generally enjoy penetration a lot more.
You need to be turned on to really get any benefit. I'm about the same if I'm not horny. Enjoying sex and masturbation is as much a mental thing as physical, so fantasizing or reading erotica might help. It also helps if you're wet enough. You could try lube if you need to.

Also, remember your body has lots of erogenous zones that feel good to be touched in different ways. You don't have to go straight for the clit.
Reply 5
Original post by Helpme1243
This is going to sound so silly.

but masterbate it will be odd the first time.

you need to kinda brake it in?

if you understand what I mean by that

Thing is, I've been trying for years... :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by EmmaBurton
In fact those of us who don't have clitoral orgasms generally enjoy penetration a lot more.

I really hope this will be the case...
Reply 7
Original post by Kabloomybuzz
You need to be turned on to really get any benefit. I'm about the same if I'm not horny.

Maybe that's the source of the problem - I have quite a low sex drive and find it very difficult to get turned on (I am also rarely strongly attracted to anyone).

Original post by Kabloomybuzz
Enjoying sex and masturbation is as much a mental thing as physical

I'm hoping that it's just a mental barrier that I can overcome and there's nothing physically wrong with me :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I really hope this will be the case...

Trust me, it will :wink:
heyyy! I'm in the same situation as you! I've never felt clitoral pleasure, I'm wondering if this is a normal physiological condition, or if I need to go to the hospital to get it checked out.
It has to do with finding the G-Spot & C-Spot and not necessarily connected with anything in specific.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Maybe that's the source of the problem - I have quite a low sex drive and find it very difficult to get turned on (I am also rarely strongly attracted to anyone).

I'm hoping that it's just a mental barrier that I can overcome and there's nothing physically wrong with me :s-smilie:

Same. Literally I feel the exact same.

Quick Reply

Latest