The Student Room Group

gap year confusion

I am in year 13 and i already know im finna fail my alevels, when i fail and take a gap year to retake how do i apply through ucas
Original post by ramare23
I am in year 13 and i already know im finna fail my alevels, when i fail and take a gap year to retake how do i apply through ucas

Would you be retaking via your current school / sixth form? If so, then you apply in exactly the same way you did this year - except you enter each A level twice in the "Education" section. (As you need to enter both the grade you achieve this August and a "Pending" grade for your retakes.)

If you'll be self-studying for your retakes, then check with your school they they'll be happy to act as your referee. Assuming they are, then you can proceed as above. In this scenario, you'll need to enter a different exam centre number (being the centre number of wherever you arrange to actually sit the exams).

However, do remember that all is not lost. Even if you don't get the A level grades you need for your firm / insurance choice, plenty of courses will still have availability via UCAS Clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest