The Student Room Group

redemption in A Christmas Carol

plsss can u help with redemption in a christmas carol
im rlly struggling to think of three + quotes about redemption
Original post by sra_heh14
plsss can u help with redemption in a christmas carol
im rlly struggling to think of three + quotes about redemption

Here's a few quotes I have for redemption:

'I will honour Christmas in my heart' - shows Scrooge's determination and commitment to spread joy through Christmas as he becomes pleasant and sociable; this juxtaposes with 'out upon merry Christmas!' where we see Scrooge change his miserly/negative outlook

'No fog, no mist' - this quote contrasts to the 'cold, bleak biting weather' from Stave 1; the rule of 3 and pathetic fallacy is symbolic of Scrooge's attitude and his pessimistic portrayal at the start, however the change in weather reflects the change in Scrooge's characterisation and mindset

'So much kinder than he used to be..home's like heaven' - Scrooge's father's redemption can foreshadow Scrooge's redemption; the simile reflects Christian values suggesting the importance of family at Christmas and can project the much-needed change in Victorian society to prioritise charity over materialism

I hope that helps and gives you an idea of the type of analysis you can do

Reply 2
Original post by undefined
Here's a few quotes I have for redemption:

'I will honour Christmas in my heart' - shows Scrooge's determination and commitment to spread joy through Christmas as he becomes pleasant and sociable; this juxtaposes with 'out upon merry Christmas!' where we see Scrooge change his miserly/negative outlook

'No fog, no mist' - this quote contrasts to the 'cold, bleak biting weather' from Stave 1; the rule of 3 and pathetic fallacy is symbolic of Scrooge's attitude and his pessimistic portrayal at the start, however the change in weather reflects the change in Scrooge's characterisation and mindset

'So much kinder than he used to be..home's like heaven' - Scrooge's father's redemption can foreshadow Scrooge's redemption; the simile reflects Christian values suggesting the importance of family at Christmas and can project the much-needed change in Victorian society to prioritise charity over materialism

I hope that helps and gives you an idea of the type of analysis you can do

thank you soo much
ur actually a lifesaver

Quick Reply

Latest