The Student Room Group

Is anyone else starting UoC in september 2024?

I’m super nervous about not making any friends, I thought maybe some other freshers would be on this and would want to get to know eachother so we have at least someone lol.

Maybe a second question but how hard is it to make friends in uni? I’m shy and alternative so I don’t want to be left out because of it.
Original post by Befffff
I’m super nervous about not making any friends, I thought maybe some other freshers would be on this and would want to get to know eachother so we have at least someone lol.

Maybe a second question but how hard is it to make friends in uni? I’m shy and alternative so I don’t want to be left out because of it.

Hi there,

That is so exciting - congratulations! If by UoC you mean Chester, there are so many things to get involved in here.

It is very normal to be nervous about not making friends, and for some people it takes some time, but just don't be discouraged. Aside from talking to people on your course, in your accommodation, at events, part-time work, volunteering, and in any sports and societies you join, there are some ways you can meet people before you go.

I think the best way to do this is by searching for the official Facebook page for your year where you can find other freshers on your course and in your accommodation - this is what I did, and it was reassuring to have so many familiar faces on move-in day!

To your second question - it depends. University experiences differ for everyone, but as long as you try, I'd say you should be okay. Get involved in things you are interested in, focus on your studies, enjoy the independence and your student life, be yourself, and be open to meeting new people.

I hope this helps a little, and let me know if you have anymore questions! 🙂

Isabella
Third-year Geography with a Year Abroad Student
Original post by Befffff

Try posting in the tsr forum devoted to whichever "C" you hope to attend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending