The Student Room Group

Can you visit a hospital for no reason?

Like as a tourist
There's not any point in doing that. If you're looking for things to do in an area, have a look at TripAdvisor :smile:
(edited 3 months ago)
I'm uncertain about the connection, but could you elaborate on what attractions a hospital might present to tourists, besides patients?
(edited 3 months ago)
Absolutely Yes. I have seen some bloggers who save money by staying at a hospital for a night and even some girls who somehow feel that there is some danger, and if they see a hospital, they straight away go inside it."
Reply 4
Original post by raisunny3834
I'm uncertain about the connection, but could you elaborate on what attractions a hospital might present to tourists, besides patients?

I just want to look around a hospital but I don’t know if that’s allowed
No y would u want to lol I mean u can walk around the building/ outside probably but won’t b allowed on wards
Reply 6
Original post by ebyrne2036
No y would u want to lol I mean u can walk around the building/ outside probably but won’t b allowed on wards

What about just walking through random corridors
Reply 8
Original post by toffee5
What about just walking through random corridors

They aren't random, though; they have a purpose, there could be patients or families there, emergencies or other cases being moved through them, staff discussing issues. You'd just be in the way and it's a bit freakish.
You can enter a hospital everytime, even without a disease, so yes! I just see no sense in this intention.
Reply 10
Lots of people do every day, in fact accident and emergency is full of such people.
(edited 2 months ago)
Can you? Yes.

Should you? No.
Why do you want to go to visit a hospital? I would run a mile than to go anywhere near it unless I had no choice.
Original post by toffee5
Like as a tourist

Why would you want to go to hospital. Unless you are ill/in need of medical attention.
Reply 14
Original post by Emma:-)
Why would you want to go to hospital. Unless you are ill/in need of medical attention.

The question isn’t why, but if it’s possible or not
Original post by toffee5
The question isn’t why, but if it’s possible or not

Not really. A lot of people in a hosptial will be having the absolute worst time of their lives, which is why so many replies take issue with at the thought of having a trot around for an excursion.
Reply 16
Original post by Admit-One
Not really. A lot of people in a hosptial will be having the absolute worst time of their lives, which is why so many replies take issue with at the thought of having a trot around for an excursion.

Ok I understand now and have decided against it
Original post by toffee5
Like as a tourist
You could visit, you sort of have a sad life if on yoru list of destinations is a hospital tho. You won't be allowed in occupied rooms or certain sections of the building tho. I wouldn't advise visiting the one for the fun of it, its weird and kinda heartless depending on what ur doing or where ur going
likely yes you can go inside, but why are you asking?
Reply 19
You could be a volunteer visitor , cheering up (hopefully !!!!) those poor people who never have any friends/family/relatives coming to see them. There's often a note on notice boards in the hospital lobby on how to do this, as you need to be officially "vetted" beforehand.
NB There are many thieves roaming around hospitals, stealing all sorts of stuff, as security is usually very lax.

Quick Reply

Latest