The Student Room Group

how to convince my parents into letting me drop a gcse course

i am so bad at DT, this is one of my 3 options and it is genuinely so horrible, it will not benifit me in any way in the future but i feel like dropping it would mean giving up. but at the same time i really cant do it anymore i am really far behind and it is giving me alot of stress. on top of this my other grades are not suffering yet but i need to focus alot on DT if i want to get a decent grade. i am predicted a 2!!!! WHICH IS TERRIBLE i cant imagine seeing that on my final gcse certificate. ive gently hinted to my parents about this and they dont want me to do it. what do i do??? (if i drop dt i will have 9 gcses since i take seperate science)
Reply 1
9 GCSES is completely fine. I would suggest talking directly to your parents and telling them that it is reallly influencing your other gcses (even if it's not, telling them might make them more likely to let you). As long as your school is ok with it, I don't think it should be a problem. You could also possibly tell them that universities sometimes also look at gcses and the 2 would look bad? Also say that you will improve your grade in subject x if you drop, and try to do that so they know they can trust you. How are your grades in the other subjects?

Quick Reply

Latest