The Student Room Group

how do they determine your english language grade

i recently did my english mocks. i got a grade seven on paper one and a grade three on paper two (no idea how i fu*ked paper two so bad) but now im wondering how they determine your grade. do they add both marks together to determine your final grade?
Original post by emmalouise58
do they add both marks together to determine your final grade?

Which exam board does you school use for GCSE English Language? I ask as the way they use the marks from each papers won't necessarily be the same.

For example Eduqas say that Paper 1 and Paper 2 are both out of 80 marks, but that Paper 1 is 40% of the total grade and Paper 2 is 60% of the total grade. They do this by taking the Paper 2 score (out of 80) and multiplying it by 1.5 before adding it to the Paper 1 score (also out of 80). The final mark is therefore out of 200. So, with Eduqas, Paper 2 has more of an impact on your final grade.

This doesn't mean that every exam board does it this way. Check what exam board your school uses for GCSE English Language and report back.
Original post by DataVenia
Which exam board does you school use for GCSE English Language? I ask as the way they use the marks from each papers won't necessarily be the same.
For example Eduqas say that Paper 1 and Paper 2 are both out of 80 marks, but that Paper 1 is 40% of the total grade and Paper 2 is 60% of the total grade. They do this by taking the Paper 2 score (out of 80) and multiplying it by 1.5 before adding it to the Paper 1 score (also out of 80). The final mark is therefore out of 200. So, with Eduqas, Paper 2 has more of an impact on your final grade.
This doesn't mean that every exam board does it this way. Check what exam board your school uses for GCSE English Language and report back.

I am AQA! Please tell me ASAP!

Quick Reply

Latest