The Student Room Group

Does first year BTEC results affect second year results ?

^^^^
Original post by gasgasgas
^^^^

Yes, it does, if you're doing an extended diploma the first grade of the three in the second year will be that. For example, if you got a distinction * in your first year and then two distinctions in second year it'll be D*DD, if that makes sense?
Yes, your first year grades do count because at the end of your second year, your teachers would look at all the units you did in both years, then add up the points and then they calculate the final grade.
Reply 3
Original post by Rebecca0318
Yes, your first year grades do count because at the end of your second year, your teachers would look at all the units you did in both years, then add up the points and then they calculate the final grade.

If I get really bad grades in first year can I improve second year ?
Hey, so first year overall grade i got a D* how does it work for the 2nd two grades to achieve 2 more D*'s
Reply 5
The grade you get for each unit is converted to points and your overall grade is calculated based on the total number of points for all your units. So every exam or piece of coursework counts towards your final grade.
It does sadly, I did an extended diploma during covid and first year was teacher assessed and one unit got a pass grade. everything else over the 2 years was a distinction so i ended with D*DD when i knew i could have got D*D*D*
Original post by gasgasgas
If I get really bad grades in first year can I improve second year ?

You can improve, you should aim to get mostly distinctions and merits in your assignments though, try not to get any passes
What if I got a pass in year 1 and Distinction as my overall in year 2?
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending