The Student Room Group

struggling with studies, not good

I always revise at the very last minute and never seem to learn from my mistakes. I always miss out on sleep and always feel guilty, which is a given.
I keep waiting to feel fear, fear of what will happen if I fail, which was the only thing that helped me before to revise- it put me in the mindset. Yet that only happened once, during my GCSE exams, but I've just been feeling apathetic towards my education since, and now that I'm in uni, i am really worried as its affecting my life. I really want a harsh wake up call. Any advice would be great.
Don’t wait for the wake up call because it may be too late
Reply 2
As the above reply says, don't scare yourself into it. Let this be your wake up call. If you want to do well you have to put effort into doing well. I won't sugarcoat it, not matter how naturally well you can retain info, if you don't revise at uni you will not succeed. You need to start making systems, force yourself into the habit of studying. It take 21 days to form a habit, so if you use the habit stacking method and say every day after I make dinner at 5pm I will revise for 1 hour. Plan your topics every day. Structure your life.

Here is a motivation thread I have made, if you truly reflect on how you're currently coping and what these quotes mean I'm sure you can get back on track.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7437308
Reply 3
you need to stick to a schedule to study

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending