The Student Room Group

Negotiating scholarships

Hi! I am an international student from the US and I'm not eligible for most of the scholarships available on university websites, whether it be my nationality, fee status or course type. I have received offers from 4 universities so far, some more expensive than others. Am I able to negotiate for "custom" scholarships that aren't on their website? Like for example my top school is more than a different one I got accepted to, so can I compare costs and state that I prefer one over the other? I don't know if this made any sense haha.
Original post by izzydavis
Hi! I am an international student from the US and I'm not eligible for most of the scholarships available on university websites, whether it be my nationality, fee status or course type. I have received offers from 4 universities so far, some more expensive than others. Am I able to negotiate for "custom" scholarships that aren't on their website? Like for example my top school is more than a different one I got accepted to, so can I compare costs and state that I prefer one over the other? I don't know if this made any sense haha.

Hi there,

I am very sorry but us at Student Finance England do not tend to deal with scholarships as that is with the universities. You could get in contact with them and see if there is room to negotiate with them. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending