The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Does applying for a scholarship help chances of getting an offer?

Hi,

I want to study English at Bristol and apply for a Vice Chancellor’s scholarship for drama.

My question is whether they would look at the scholarship application before or after rejecting or giving me an offer.

In other words, would applying for a scholarship help my chances of getting an offer or not?
Reply 1
Original post by Octopus1
Hi,

I want to study English at Bristol and apply for a Vice Chancellor’s scholarship for drama.

My question is whether they would look at the scholarship application before or after rejecting or giving me an offer.

In other words, would applying for a scholarship help my chances of getting an offer or not?

There's information here: https://www.bristol.ac.uk/students/support/finances/scholarships/vc-scholarship/terms/

At the end of the "How to apply" section, it says: "The application process for the Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship will not affect your application for a place of study at the University of Bristol."

My interpretation of that is that a scholarship application will not be taken into account when the decision as to whether or not to offer you a place is made.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by martin7
Original post by Octopus1
Hi,

There's information here: https://www.bristol.ac.uk/students/support/finances/scholarships/vc-scholarship/terms/

At the end of the "How to apply" section, it says: "The application process for the Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship will not affect your application for a place of study at the University of Bristol."

My interpretation of that is that a scholarship application will not be taken into account when the decision as to whether or not to offer you a place is made.

Great thankyou so much very helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending