The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

University of Huddersfield scholarship

Does anyone know of any scholarship opportunities please?
Especially if you're from a POLAR4 area or low income family ?
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know of any scholarship opportunities please?
Especially if you're from a POLAR4 area or low income family ?

Hi anon!

At the University of Huddersfield we are pleased to be able to offer a number of scholarships for students from the UK and we currently offer £1000 to eligible students in their first year of study. The process for the awarding of the University of Huddersfield scholarship is:

Students will receive a letter in the first term to let them know if they will receive the scholarship.

The £1000 scholarship will be awarded as a payment to the student in the first year of study only. The University will make payment into the students bank account in February of that academic year.

There are specific criteria to qualify for the scholarship and some exclusions do apply. Please read the University of Huddersfield Scholarship Programme principles and rules for full details.

To make the process as easy as possible for applicants, there's no need to fill out an application form. We will automatically submit applications for all students who meet the relevant criteria (based on information supplied to Student Finance England/Wales/Northern Ireland/SAAS when applying for fee and financial support).

You may want to visit: https://www.hud.ac.uk/undergraduate/fees-and-finance/undergraduate-scholarships/ for more information :smile:

I hope this helps!
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions :smile:
Aaliya ~ 4th year pharmacy student ~ University of Huddersfield
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Hi anon!

At the University of Huddersfield we are pleased to be able to offer a number of scholarships for students from the UK and we currently offer £1000 to eligible students in their first year of study. The process for the awarding of the University of Huddersfield scholarship is:

Students will receive a letter in the first term to let them know if they will receive the scholarship.

The £1000 scholarship will be awarded as a payment to the student in the first year of study only. The University will make payment into the students bank account in February of that academic year.

There are specific criteria to qualify for the scholarship and some exclusions do apply. Please read the University of Huddersfield Scholarship Programme principles and rules for full details.

To make the process as easy as possible for applicants, there's no need to fill out an application form. We will automatically submit applications for all students who meet the relevant criteria (based on information supplied to Student Finance England/Wales/Northern Ireland/SAAS when applying for fee and financial support).

You may want to visit: https://www.hud.ac.uk/undergraduate/fees-and-finance/undergraduate-scholarships/ for more information :smile:

I hope this helps!
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions :smile:
Aaliya ~ 4th year pharmacy student ~ University of Huddersfield

Does this only apply to those on a foundation year?As I'm applying for optometry?
Original post by Anonymous
Does this only apply to those on a foundation year?As I'm applying for optometry?

Hi Anon,

Further to Aaliya's support, Scholarships are also assigned at school level but also determined by student finance factors. Our best bet is to contact our teams directly by email and they will be happy to help. Please email the following two email addresses in the same email explaining your circumstance and with your initial query that you put in this thread: [email protected] and [email protected]

Something along the lines of:
"Hi, I am an applicant for Pharmacy for September 2023, I was wondering if I was eligible for scholarship opportunities please?

I am from a POLAR4 area and come from a low income family. I believe I may be eligible for the University of Huddersfield scholarship as set out by terms here: https://www.hud.ac.uk/undergraduate/fees-and-finance/undergraduate-scholarships/scholarship-programme/

Please let me know if there is any extra information or any information you need from me to meet these eligibility requirements"

Best wishes,
Lewis

Social Media and Content Officer, University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending