The Student Room Group

Gates Cambridge Scholarship - not USA

Scroll to see replies

I know some other scholarships work on the basis of not emailing applicants if they've been rejected, but the Gates website says that they'll email all applicants by the 4th, so it's looking more likely that it's a logistics issue. Even though we haven't heard of any MPhil students receiving interview invites yet, it's also significantly less likely for MPhil students to get in anyways it seems 😭
Original post by Anonymous #11
I know some other scholarships work on the basis of not emailing applicants if they've been rejected, but the Gates website says that they'll email all applicants by the 4th, so it's looking more likely that it's a logistics issue. Even though we haven't heard of any MPhil students receiving interview invites yet, it's also significantly less likely for MPhil students to get in anyways it seems 😭
Agreed! But I wouldn't lose hope just yet. Based on historical data 25% of the 55 students (i.e. 14 students) selected are MPhil students outside the US. It's just frustrating that they leave us hanging without informing us
Reply 82
Original post by Anonymous #5
FYI: I received an email on Saturday morning for the Gates interview. Phd. Social Sciences Panel.
could you DM me?
Aaaahhh, this is crushing
Original post by Rodger32
Agreed! But I wouldn't lose hope just yet. Based on historical data 25% of the 55 students (i.e. 14 students) selected are MPhil students outside the US. It's just frustrating that they leave us hanging without informing us
True! I didn't know that statistic actually, but it is definitely frustrating they haven't gotten back to us or at least acknowledged the delay in some way - the least they could do is send an email clarifying the situation

I am pretty sure they do send out rejection emails too, that's for sure. I don't know why the delays this time. Last year rejection emails were sent as early as on the 3rd of March.
My friend who's an MPhil candidate from oncology department got an interview invite since mid-February.
Has anybody heard of any Computer Science applicants receiving invites (MPhil or PhD)?
They have updated the Timeline page. Apparently they have moved the notification date. Maybe they’re will still send out interview invites.
All applicants notified of application outcomeby Monday 11 March 2024
Original post by Anonymous #6
They have updated the Timeline page. Apparently they have moved the notification date. Maybe they’re will still send out interview invites.
Thanks for reporting this, that's very annoying they've decided to change it so last minute . . .
Thank you for this

Based on official thread, looks like one Mphil person got a Gates interview on 17th Feb
Based on official thread, looks like one Mphil person got a Gates interview on 17th Feb

Which official thread?
I’m an international student and received an invite to interview with Gates weeks ago. I’m a PhD applicant.
Original post by Anonymous #16

Which official thread?

The Cambridge 2024 one for postgrads
Original post by utter-hint
I’m an international student and received an invite to interview with Gates weeks ago. I’m a PhD applicant.

Congrats! Which subject?
The Cambridge 2024 one for postgrads

Ah, great. Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous #4
not to be a downer but people on the main thread are saying that they have received interview offers last week even though some of them haven’t officially given admission offers yet. my hope just got crushed lol
What is the link to the main thread please?
Original post by Anonymous #17
What is the link to the main thread please?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7397538
Has anyone heard anything about a Gates interview for Mphil yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending