The Student Room Group

Should I add my first gf on social media?

Long story short, I was with my first love for 3 years before we broke up nearly 10 years ago. We were young and in our early 20s back then, things just fizzled out.
I've always thought about her but eventually we went our separate ways, she got in to a relationship with another guy for a few years but eventually he ended up cheating on her, this was around 2017.

At the start of 2019, she did add me on social media but she didn't say anything to me so a few days later I ended up deleting her because I realised I still wasn't over her.

At the end of 2019 I heard that she was engaged, she ended up getting married but then I heard she got divorced around a year and a half ago. Today I found out that the reason for her divorce was because her husband cheated on her and was abusive towards her.

As for me I have been single for a few years now, I have been evolving in my career and proud of how far I've come and I am due to start a new chapter in my career next week. But I do wonder now if I should get in touch with her, I know its been a long time and we have both changed a lot. I have noticed that she has cut off a lot of people from her social media so I'm not too sure how she'd react to me adding her. I also feel sorry for her after everything she's been through, is it worth me getting in touch with her even after all this time?
Reply 1
What are you wanting to achieve by contacting her? The fact that you mention being single and you've both changed suggests you hope to get back together.

You were adults when you got together and couldn't make it work; 'fizzling out' and little communication after says there's little basis for a connection now. Leave her be.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Long story short, I was with my first love for 3 years before we broke up nearly 10 years ago. We were young and in our early 20s back then, things just fizzled out.
I've always thought about her but eventually we went our separate ways, she got in to a relationship with another guy for a few years but eventually he ended up cheating on her, this was around 2017.

At the start of 2019, she did add me on social media but she didn't say anything to me so a few days later I ended up deleting her because I realised I still wasn't over her.

At the end of 2019 I heard that she was engaged, she ended up getting married but then I heard she got divorced around a year and a half ago. Today I found out that the reason for her divorce was because her husband cheated on her and was abusive towards her.

As for me I have been single for a few years now, I have been evolving in my career and proud of how far I've come and I am due to start a new chapter in my career next week. But I do wonder now if I should get in touch with her, I know its been a long time and we have both changed a lot. I have noticed that she has cut off a lot of people from her social media so I'm not too sure how she'd react to me adding her. I also feel sorry for her after everything she's been through, is it worth me getting in touch with her even after all this time?

I don’t think there’s any harm in adding her and asking how she is if you really wanted to but don’t push the conversation if she isn’t into it, it may even give you some closure that you may have never got all that time ago

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending