The Student Room Group

Should i be concerned?

I met this guy at a party about a month ago and since then we've seen other a few times just around campus and other parties. Anyway the first time we met there was an instant connection, like we had a lot in common, liked the same stuff, ethnically from the same place etc. and he was quire flirty so I assumed maybe he was interested. Anyway, i didn't do anything about it because I found out he has a girlfriend of a few years and was like whatever, we can at least be friends since we did get on. Met him again at another party a few weeks later and again he was quite flirty but not as intense as the First time and I got the feeling that whenever he got drunk he just becomes a bit more flirty and touchy and my friends agreed since they've seen him like this many times but he never does anything, its all harmless.
Since the second party he's followed me on a bunch of social media platforms including fitness apps, film apps etc. and we message each other a lot about some common interests, his insight into that kind of stuff is really cool and I like having people I can talk to about these more obscure hobbies of mine lol. I've kept the conversation very much on the common interests and not really answered anything that could be a bit more personal just because I don't want to get too close knowing he's in a relationship.
But I talked to a friend and he was like 'yeah you two definitely have a vibe' and I mean yeah he was flirty but he's like that with everyone and he's really nice to everyone as well so like this 'vibe' that people are talking about I thought was just us being nice to each other.
Nothing has happened, its all very surface level conversation but like I don't know how to feel about this observation that people have made. I feel like I shouldn't even be messaging him just in case he misinterprets or something or his gf does.
Reply 1
He has the greater moral dilemma as the one in a relationship. However if you are concerned I’d stop messaging. If he becomes single you can pounce
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
He has the greater moral dilemma as the one in a relationship. However if you are concerned I’d stop messaging. If he becomes single you can pounce

I don’t think he’s in any moral dilemma tbh, my interpretation was that he’s just a nice guy. It’s just what people have said to me about ‘somethings there between you guys’
It doesn't sound like you have made any indications that it's going in a romantic direction. I don't see any problem in keeping things friendly unless he gets a bit flirty outside of party/social setting, (and if he does and you're uncomfortable, let him know).
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
It doesn't sound like you have made any indications that it's going in a romantic direction. I don't see any problem in keeping things friendly unless he gets a bit flirty outside of party/social setting, (and if he does and you're uncomfortable, let him know).

Yeah I’ve kept it very very surface level, I really dont want to give off the wrong impression. Okay I guess I’ll just keep it surface level from my end and just monitor the situation
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1
I don’t think he’s in any moral dilemma tbh, my interpretation was that he’s just a nice guy. It’s just what people have said to me about ‘somethings there between you guys’

‘flirty and touchy’ with a gf 🤔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending