The Student Room Group

What is wrong with me

Hi

I’ve been struggling recently with how I look and I think it’s because my bsf is speaking to a guy. I've always hated how i look but recently its taken a toll. I've never had a bf and i like this guy currently but he has a gf although he his a little flirty. i get jealous more and more everyday because of my friend and i just don't get why i have to be soo ugly. the guy shes speaking to is perfect and i am happy for her soo much but it hurts to know i'll never experience that. People say i'm funny but that's nothing.

i am trying to support my friend as much as i can but it just hurts at the same time doing so. i know i shouldn't feel like this.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi

I’ve been struggling recently with how I look and I think it’s because my bsf is speaking to a guy. I've always hated how i look but recently its taken a toll. I've never had a bf and i like this guy currently but he has a gf although he his a little flirty. i get jealous more and more everyday because of my friend and i just don't get why i have to be soo ugly. the guy shes speaking to is perfect and i am happy for her soo much but it hurts to know i'll never experience that. People say i'm funny but that's nothing.

i am trying to support my friend as much as i can but it just hurts at the same time doing so. i know i shouldn't feel like this

Usually what I do is if I'm feeling insecure about smth like my weight or smth like that I usually do smth about it (work out eat healthy. etc) cause I know there's no point in constantly lowering my self-esteem. however, it is within reason if it is something I can't change I try to find the reason why I don't like that particular aspect of me usually social media and I stay away from it for a while.
You could also be struggling with your looks due to the people around you if you feel like ppl are constantly judging ur appearance then u dont need those ppl so move away

and in regards to the guy, if I were u, I would stay away from the guy, the fact he has a gf and still flirts with other women is quite shocking and things could get quite messy,
also does ur friend know the crush u have on this guy?

sorry if this sounds wordy, but hope this helps
Reply 2
Original post by nobody_000
Usually what I do is if I'm feeling insecure about smth like my weight or smth like that I usually do smth about it (work out eat healthy. etc) cause I know there's no point in constantly lowering my self-esteem. however, it is within reason if it is something I can't change I try to find the reason why I don't like that particular aspect of me usually social media and I stay away from it for a while.
You could also be struggling with your looks due to the people around you if you feel like ppl are constantly judging ur appearance then u dont need those ppl so move away

and in regards to the guy, if I were u, I would stay away from the guy, the fact he has a gf and still flirts with other women is quite shocking and things could get quite messy,
also does ur friend know the crush u have on this guy?

sorry if this sounds wordy, but hope this helps

I should’ve made it clear I don’t like the guy my friend is talking to. It is someone else but hearing her fall in love with the big she is speaking to really hurts. They’re getting on soo well and I’m suffering it’s not fair to blame that on my friend and I don’t it’s just that I want to experience the same happiness as her but the only attention I get is from the guy with a gf. Yeah my weight and face I go to the gym but it’s taking a while to shift I guess.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I should’ve made it clear I don’t like the guy my friend is talking to. It is someone else but hearing her fall in love with the big she is speaking to really hurts. They’re getting on soo well and I’m suffering it’s not fair to blame that on my friend and I don’t it’s just that I want to experience the same happiness as her but the only attention I get is from the guy with a gf. Yeah my weight and face I go to the gym but it’s taking a while to shift I guess.

I think you need to make it clear to her that the guy has a gf and things can only end messy in situations like that, she should find someone better, and regards to self-esteem it is something that takes time and it is all about self acceptance so don't expect to love yourself instantly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending