The Student Room Group

help!! fine art or fashion communication for uni?

I’m supposed to be applying to uni in the next few months.. but i’m completely torn between fine art and fashion communication. I don’t mean to brag and i do not normally speak like this but i know i am very talented at art, i am predicted an A, and i have won a lot of competitions etc in the past. However, i’m worried if i am an artist in the future i would struggle with self motivation and i want to be financially stable!
I’ve also always wanted to be a fashion journalist or just work in fashion marketing- but i feel like if i pick that i am betraying myself and the one thing i am good at because i do really enjoy art but i just don’t know if i should as a career. I’ve never done much to do with fashion communication so it might be risky, but i think it could be enjoyable as a career? How do i figure out what i want to do in such little time! Any help would be appreciated 😀
I think you should do a foundation art diploma to help decide where your direction is. It will really help you decide if this is your future.

Because you apply directly to places for nthis, you can also submit a UCAS application if you wanted to, to keep your options open.

Quick Reply

Latest