The Student Room Group

Should I email the Uni that rejected me?

I applied to Queen Mary Uni of London for Biological Sciences with Foundation (CCX2) because I'd rather go to a better Uni with a Foundation year than a worse Uni with a normal course.

The course requirements are not that high CCC, but my grades aren't that great either at BCD. Out of my 5 choices Queen Mary had the lowest grade requirements but was the only application to reject me. My 4 other offers are conditional but at grades BCC, BBC and even ABB.

However I was really considering Queen Mary even with the Foundation year, my grades should match the requirements but they just rejected me with the message "Predicted grades too low".

I'm not sure what to do, I will probably just email them?
Original post by Tom.Ho
I applied to Queen Mary Uni of London for Biological Sciences with Foundation (CCX2) because I'd rather go to a better Uni with a Foundation year than a worse Uni with a normal course.

The course requirements are not that high CCC, but my grades aren't that great either at BCD. Out of my 5 choices Queen Mary had the lowest grade requirements but was the only application to reject me. My 4 other offers are conditional but at grades BCC, BBC and even ABB.

However I was really considering Queen Mary even with the Foundation year, my grades should match the requirements but they just rejected me with the message "Predicted grades too low".

I'm not sure what to do, I will probably just email them?

Are you after more feedback or wanting them to reconsider you?

The D grade may have been a sticking point for them. Different unis use different systems for offer making, (some might offer to everyone regardless of predictions, and then be strict on results day, others are more selective at the offer stage).

Unless they've made an error, they usually wouldn't be able to reconsider you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending