The Student Room Group

Retaking y12 with different a levels

Hi, I’m currently in y12 studying level 3 btec applied science at college and I’m not enjoying it at all. Originally I wanted to study dental therapy at university, but I have changed my mind and I’m looking into architecture. I want to change my course to 3 a levels. Is it possible to restart y12 in September with different a levels? It’s currently February so what would happen in the meantime, do I just carry on with my current course?
Reply 1
My friend had this exact issue but the other way round, they hated a levels and wanted to do a btec at the start of yr 13 instead, unfortunately they found out just after late applications closed, what I'd suggest is doing it to the end of the year and going to do sixth form as well, probably dont put too much effort and just use that time to familiarise yourself with the a level content in case you want to start them at the start of year 13, unfortunately you are going to have to wait till the next application cycle if its at a different college. I picked up an extra a level like a week ago and its been fine lol.
Reply 2
Original post by BeSavin
My friend had this exact issue but the other way round, they hated a levels and wanted to do a btec at the start of yr 13 instead, unfortunately they found out just after late applications closed, what I'd suggest is doing it to the end of the year and going to do sixth form as well, probably dont put too much effort and just use that time to familiarise yourself with the a level content in case you want to start them at the start of year 13, unfortunately you are going to have to wait till the next application cycle if its at a different college. I picked up an extra a level like a week ago and its been fine lol.

Thanks, I’m planning to stay at the same college and want to start y12 again as if I went straight into y13 idk be very behind

Quick Reply

Latest