The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades On Ucas

hi, i have my mocks next week and i’m targeted A*s in pretty much most of my subjects, however my attendance is low and i’m currently trying to learn 1st year of A Levels in 3 days and it’s really stressing me out. when colleges put down your predicted, does anyone know if they relate it to the mocks? they’ve said it’s mostly done on mocks, but if my previous assessments average out on As etc and i get a C in my mock will they put down the C or do they bump it up?
Reply 1
it depends on your college! most will take into account previous work if your mock does seem like a fluke, but equally i do know someone who ended up retaking y12 at a different college because they predicted her a c (which she achieved in her mock) and she had been an otherwise straight a student. it's worth asking your teachers!
Reply 2
Original post by rwnsl
it depends on your college! most will take into account previous work if your mock does seem like a fluke, but equally i do know someone who ended up retaking y12 at a different college because they predicted her a c (which she achieved in her mock) and she had been an otherwise straight a student. it's worth asking your teachers!

yeah, i kind of stopped attending halfway through and i’m currently resitting as i did the same last year but didn’t do mocks, i’m probably averaging around As in most of my subjects so if i fluke these mocks i’m kinda hoping they bump my predicted up but idk if they will due to low attendance

Quick Reply

Latest