The Student Room Group

A level choices (CCEA)

im doing my gcses rn and i have to have my a level choices filled in by 27th feb im gonna kms
but we can confirm/alter them on like results day i think
so basically I'm doing english and rs gcse but thats compulsory and im not an english person so screw that for a level. also doing spanish, further maths gcse and all the sciences and getting like a/a*s and also art but i dont like art anymore theres sm drawing (which i liked...as a hobby) and it takes up a lot of my time also my teacher is gonna be the a level teacher and shes **** at explaining i dont rly like her. i dont mind the drawing from reference photos but im only good at pencil and we have to use diff medias and develop a whole project and do like an analysis of our work which is kinda hard for me cus im not that creative, however i think it would be a change from the other difficult content heavy subjects im doing so idk. if i wanted a change i could do spanish but idk how that will help me with any future careers except translating **** that i dont wanna do.
for a levels I definitely want further maths, maths and chemistry but then I have to pick another choice and idk if i should pick biology, physics or art. im good at maths so i kinda want physics but sometimes its difficult to understand, some things are interesting tho. i feel like the maths a levels would defo help but to do the maths i need to understand the physics first. also i think i want a career in maths so i feel like physics will be more useful than biology but idek.
idk about bio cause its rly content heavy apparently and also i dont even want a career in medicine cus blood and all gives me the heebie jeebies 😭 and my form teacher says its really competitive (i have lit no extracurriculars) and im not abt to spent my 20s all studying. but it is kinda interesting tho. and the markscheme is usually rly specific and im doing fine with it rn at gcse but idk if its worse with a level
if you do biology, physics or art pls lmk what you think of them and ill try to decide what to pick by next month🥲
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
also i kinda wanna do i.t. cus i like computers its called software systems development or something but i didnt do it at gcse so thats out of the picture ig

Quick Reply

Latest