The Student Room Group

german gcse

i want to learn another tense to impress the examiners but idk which. any ideas?
Reply 1
hiya!
for context, i didnt take german but i did take both french and spanish so take my advice how you wish
for my languages, i was advised to learn present, past, future and conditional (most irregular verbs to fluency but not every one lol)
in a level, we learn the subjunctive "mood" (im not sure how common this is in german so maybe ask your teacher about this) and knowing a set phrase can be incredibly helpful - that being said it must be used almost/ or fully correctly (as it is complex, it doesnt have to be perfect but you need to prove you understand it somewhat)

additionally with french, we have pluperfect tense so again ask your teacher if they can teach you that and/or set phrases in german!!

best of luck - hope this was somewhat helpful!!
Reply 2
Original post by Acupofcha
hiya!
for context, i didnt take german but i did take both french and spanish so take my advice how you wish
for my languages, i was advised to learn present, past, future and conditional (most irregular verbs to fluency but not every one lol)
in a level, we learn the subjunctive "mood" (im not sure how common this is in german so maybe ask your teacher about this) and knowing a set phrase can be incredibly helpful - that being said it must be used almost/ or fully correctly (as it is complex, it doesnt have to be perfect but you need to prove you understand it somewhat)

additionally with french, we have pluperfect tense so again ask your teacher if they can teach you that and/or set phrases in german!!

best of luck - hope this was somewhat helpful!!

thanks so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending