The Student Room Group

Northern Ireland Social work entry 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by dm1991
aw that sounds amazing! yes so they said its one scenario based question and 4 other questions based on your own experience professionally or life experience and the nisscc website has great info. ive a meeting with a careers advisor from the met next week so il let you know if she gives any good advice

Aww thanks a million for the info! All help is greatly appreciated!
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Shelzy
Aww thanks a million for the info! All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot
Hiya, I've my interview on Tuesday for both the 2 year and 3 year at magee. I'll be sure to copy down the questions and let you all know what they are. Speaking to previous students last year and recent graduates I believe it's all linking your professional and personal life questions as well as one scenario based question.

Seen this:
The interview is a two-stage process: 1. Stage One - Case Scenario Prior to answering the ‘virtual interview questions’ you are asked to read a ‘Case Scenario’. 2. Stage Two Virtual Interview (5 questions) One question from the online interview will focus on the Case Scenario. The remaining four questions will concentrate on your motivation to pursue a career in social work and your understanding of different aspects of social work practice. It is important that you draw upon any life or work experience, and you consider skills, knowledge, and values important to social work.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Rebeccadav2
Hiya, I've my interview on Tuesday for both the 2 year and 3 year at magee. I'll be sure to copy down the questions and let you all know what they are. Speaking to previous students last year and recent graduates I believe it's all linking your professional and personal life questions as well as one scenario based question.

Seen this:
The interview is a two-stage process: 1. Stage One - Case Scenario Prior to answering the ‘virtual interview questions’ you are asked to read a ‘Case Scenario’. 2. Stage Two Virtual Interview (5 questions) One question from the online interview will focus on the Case Scenario. The remaining four questions will concentrate on your motivation to pursue a career in social work and your understanding of different aspects of social work practice. It is important that you draw upon any life or work experience, and you consider skills, knowledge, and values important to social work.

Thanks so much for your advice. And the best off luck with interview ❤️
Original post by Rebeccadav2

Seen this:

Thank you very much . Very helpful my interview is on Monday. Fingers crossed
Reply 25
Anyone with their interview today?
Original post by KD1901

I have my interview today. I am yet to receive email with the link to start. Nervous 😬
Also just to say dont share the exact questions as u could b disqualified
Original post by Adebisiaby
I have my interview today. I am yet to receive email with the link to start. Nervous 😬

Thinking of u i remember it well u can do it just speak from the heart lol
Reply 30
Original post by KD1901

I have mine tomorrow, supposed to be getting the link at noon today but no sign yet...
Reply 31

Me too, I haven't received the link yet! I will have to do it tomorrow though, I wish I could get it over with now! Good luck!
Reply 32
Original post by ebyrne2036
Also just to say dont share the exact questions as u could b disqualified

Thank you, any guidance on questions from what you were asked last year?
Reply 33
Just got the link, Aghhhh!!! :-O
Reply 34
Original post by Shelzy
I have mine tomorrow, supposed to be getting the link at noon today but no sign yet...

Just got the link, I can't do mine until tomorrow either though!
Make sure u talk abut ur skills and experiences and the qualities that would make a good social worker in ur case tudies.Both personal and professional experiences count.Icl ive done the intereview process twice and last years was a lot harder from memory. Wishing u all the best.Where r u all hoping to go?
Reply 36
Make sure u talk abut ur skills and experiences and the qualities that would make a good social worker in ur case tudies.Both personal and professional experiences count.Icl ive done the intereview process twice and last years was a lot harder from memory. Wishing u all the best.Where r u all hoping to go?

Thank you! I'm hoping to go to Ulster! Just wondering if you would mind sharing if you were asked specific things like about policies or current events or just more general things about the role like qualities / skills / values etc?
Thinking of u i remember it well u can do it just speak from the heart lol

Thank you very much . 🤗
Original post by KD1901
Me too, I haven't received the link yet! I will have to do it tomorrow though, I wish I could get it over with now! Good luck!

I have just finished mine it’s really nothing to be scared about they all things we are familiar with. If you are yet to do yours pls try and go to the NISCC website and read it well. Very helpful.
Reply 39
I have just finished mine it’s really nothing to be scared about they all things we are familiar with. If you are yet to do yours pls try and go to the NISCC website and read it well. Very helpful.

Thanks for the reassurance! Yes the website is great! I think I am just overthinking worrying very specific things will come up that I don't know enough about 😂

Quick Reply

Latest