The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge postgraduate application: Decision pending - application is under review

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Good news: the decision pending theory is true. Just got an email from Law Faculty saying they made me an offer and recommended to the PAO. So I just have to wait for the offer to come from PAO.
PhD in law here.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
As a few days have now passed since the onset of 'decision pending', has anyone seen this stage result in a rejection?
Original post by Anonymous #14
As a few days have now passed since the onset of 'decision pending', has anyone seen this stage result in a rejection?

Don't think anyone has been rejected past the decision pending point yet..
Original post by Anonymous #21
Don't think anyone has been rejected past the decision pending point yet..

But are there any rejections at all, since the decision pending update? Like, were there any applicants who got rejected without going to decision pending after 1 Feb?
Original post by rigel_1313

But are there any rejections at all, since the decision pending update? Like, were there any applicants who got rejected without going to decision pending after 1 Feb?

Yes, in my specific course thread there have been quite a few rejections since DP where they never moved to DP and stayed on departmental review
Reply 85
Original post by Anonymous #20
Hi all.
Just wondering if there are people who have applied to PhD in Engineering. My status changed from PAO to Decision Pending on the 29th of January. Both curiosity and anxiety probed me to check if there is anyone who applied for the same and might have received a conditional offer.
Thanks in advance!

Hi, My application: PhD in Engineering moved to DC in Jan 26th. And moved to DP in Feb 1st. I asked PAO if my application was sent to them, they replied I am still under review by degree committee.
Reply 86
Original post by Anonymous #10
Thank you! Yes, I just received it by email, but I haven’t gotten the self-service account yet so I can’t check the conditions. Unfortunately I’m out right now so I can’t check the portal, but I’ll have a look later!

Did you get the ID and password for the self-service account? After Decision Pending stage I received the conditional offer on Tuesday (no signs of rejections after DP), but it's Saturday and I haven't got the self-service account yet.
Original post by hluoas
Hi, My application: PhD in Engineering moved to DC in Jan 26th. And moved to DP in Feb 1st. I asked PAO if my application was sent to them, they replied I am still under review by degree committee.

Any offers for School of Technology doctoral applicants (PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Engineering)??
Original post by romulus467
Any offers for School of Technology doctoral applicants (PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Engineering)??

I have DP in both Chemistry & Chemical engineering
Original post by mb123p
Did you get the ID and password for the self-service account? After Decision Pending stage I received the conditional offer on Tuesday (no signs of rejections after DP), but it's Saturday and I haven't got the self-service account yet.

Yes, I did! I got the offer on Monday around 4pm, and then I got the details for the self service account maybe 30 minutes later. Timeline wise, I’ve been told that I have to accept the offer by May 1st, and the deadline to fulfill all of the conditions is July 31. If you haven’t received the login details, maybe check your junk box or send them an email?
General advice: If you were in DC and more than ten days have passed since there is no problem emailing your department admin officer. I did that and discovered my application progressed to the PAO stage.
Another week is here, full of chances, hope, and lots of checking emails.
Original post by costasrafa
General advice: If you were in DC and more than ten days have passed since there is no problem emailing your department admin officer. I did that and discovered my application progressed to the PAO stage.

Can I ask if your application moved from DC to Decision Pending or did it remain on DC till you emailed your department admin officer?
Original post by vini003
Good news: the decision pending theory is true. Just got an email from Law Faculty saying they made me an offer and recommended to the PAO. So I just have to wait for the offer to come from PAO.
PhD in law here.

I got the same email from my department saying that I've been made an offer, but am still on 'under review by department'. so decision pending theory isn't necessarily true. there is still hope for all!
Original post by OxfordArch2023
I got the same email from my department saying that I've been made an offer, but am still on 'under review by department'. so decision pending theory isn't necessarily true. there is still hope for all!

Bigg congratss!

Did you email them and they replied or is it an official admission letter? So happy for you!
Original post by romulus467
Can I ask if your application moved from DC to Decision Pending or did it remain on DC till you emailed your department admin officer?

It moved from DC to Decision Pending before I emailed the department
Reply 96
Hi all, thanks for putting most of my worries about the whole 'decision pending' change to rest. Just curious: how long have people waited between DP and getting an offer? My portal changed to DP on Friday, so I'm just curious, if I will be given an offer, how long it will take.
Reply 97
Just been officially accepted for Mphil in Ethics of AI, Data and Algorithms. Been on DP for 8 working days(counted)
Original post by Redark
Hi all, thanks for putting most of my worries about the whole 'decision pending' change to rest. Just curious: how long have people waited between DP and getting an offer? My portal changed to DP on Friday, so I'm just curious, if I will be given an offer, how long it will take.

First you have to consider whether this change meant a move to the Degree Committee or to the PAO, then considering PAO is as of today working on reccomendations made by departments on Jan 30th, there are two scenarios:

1 - If it went to DC last Friday it may take at most 5 working days for them to make a decision, then at least another 8 working days for the PAO analysis considering their current speed;
2 - If it went to PAO last Friday, I think you can expect to hear something by Feb 21st on;
Hi! Just accepted to a PhD in Criminology! I was on Decision Pending for seven days total (including weekend) before I received the decision. Good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending