The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Digital Humanities PhD/MPhil 2024 Entry

Hi all,

Has anyone who has applied for this heard back anything?

I applied for the PhD programme by the January funding deadline (which happens to be the overall deadline). I've heard nothing. I emailed them and they said by around early/mid-February they'd start sending out decisions. They wouldn't elaborate what that meant exactly. My impression from the information session was that interviews would form part of the admissions process.

I'm really confused. What's anybody else heard?

Scroll to see replies

Also applied for the PhD programme. Nothing heard. Portal says, "Submitted - Your application has been submitted. Your application number will be generated within 2 working days."
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
I'd assume interviews would have been carried out at this point. Haven't heard anything back either, but it is more likely we are not in the interview pool. There couldn't be many spots, they've got a small supervisory team right?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2
I'd assume interviews would have been carried out at this point. Haven't heard anything back either, but it is more likely we are not in the interview pool. There couldn't be many spots, they've got a small supervisory team right?

Who knows?
Does anyone know any of the statistics/process of this program? I know it's relatively new, but I haven't been able to find anything in past threads about timeline or stats. Still sitting on submitted. I'm an MPhil applicant.
The information session slides said "Admissions - Spring 2024" and the course application page says, "Applicants will usually be informed of the outcome by the end of February."

I think it's fair to assume that we haven't reached the interview stage yet. It's only been a month after all. It can't be that quick?

Perhaps they meant to tell the OP that interview invites will go out early/mid Feb.

Also, if interviews had taken place, surely we would've heard at least from one person online who received an interview invite?
Reply 6
OP here. So yeah in the email they were not clear what exactly this meant and yes it has now been exactly a month since the deadline closed so I can't have imagined they would have conducted their interviews that quickly. In fact on inspection of the website and trying to recall from the information session, I can't remember them even suggesting interviews were a part of the admissions process.

Somebody asked about admissions/applications statistics but I believe this is the first year of the programme so we are the first cohort right?

In any case we will find out soon enough but of course hoping it's good news. Good luck to you all.
Original post by Anonymous #1
OP here. So yeah in the email they were not clear what exactly this meant and yes it has now been exactly a month since the deadline closed so I can't have imagined they would have conducted their interviews that quickly. In fact on inspection of the website and trying to recall from the information session, I can't remember them even suggesting interviews were a part of the admissions process.

Somebody asked about admissions/applications statistics but I believe this is the first year of the programme so we are the first cohort right?

In any case we will find out soon enough but of course hoping it's good news. Good luck to you all.

I have just gone through the website and the information session on YouTube (read, I got AI to scan them all), and there's no mention of interviews.

And yes, this year will be the first PhD cohort and the third MPhil cohort. No stats is publcily available for MPhil either because it's clumped together with other programmes in the English Faculty from what I can tell.
Does anyone know when we are supposed to hear? Has anyone received any updates?
Reply 9
Original post by anonymous311
Does anyone know when we are supposed to hear? Has anyone received any updates?

Might help if you read some of the preceding posts before asking questions that have already been answered.
Might help if you read some of the preceding posts before asking questions that have already been answered.

I was just asking to see if anyone had received any new information, that's all :smile:
Mine is stuck on "submitted - Your application has been submitted. Your application number will be generated within 2 working days." I applied for the 4th Jan deadline for the PhD!
Reply 12
Yep the same. But I am assured they are looking at our applications
My portal just changed from being on submitted to "Decision Pending - Your application is under review." Anyone else?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 14
Mine is still:
Submitted - Your application has been submitted. Your application number will be generated within 2 working days.
Mine is still:
Submitted - Your application has been submitted. Your application number will be generated within 2 working days.

mine still stuck on this tooo!
Worth nothing that anonymous311 is an MPhil applicant. MPhil applicants heard back on Feb 2 last year, as per one GradAdmissions submission. So that's to be expected.

The rest of us under this thread are PhD applicants. Mine's also still "generated within 2 days".
anyone else being transferred to Decision Pending?
Reply 18
To those of you on "decision pending", are you MPhil or PhD applicants?
To those of you on "decision pending", are you MPhil or PhD applicants?

I'm MPhil, moved to decision pending yesterday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending