The Student Room Group

Law offers 2024 thread (Scotland)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hopefulug
What were his stats if don’t mind me
Asking

AAAAB in 5th year, predicted A for 1 x AH and 3 further Highers in 6th year. Non contextual
Original post by Ang04
Congrats to your son, you all must be delighted! He absolutely deserves a place and was shocked to read he's been declined with those stats! Not sure why Glasgow would assume Scots law for Scottish students. As lovely as our country is I'm sure a lot of our kids will fly the nest after uni. What is his preferred choice?

He's done really well and is talking about moving as far away from his parents as he can mange 😉

He's definitely going to firm his Cambridge offer, but undecided about his insurance.
Reply 282
Original post by Pootleflump
He's done really well and is talking about moving as far away from his parents as he can mange 😉
He's definitely going to firm his Cambridge offer, but undecided about his insurance.

I'm sure he loves you really!! My daughter has firmed Glasgow so she will stay home for uni. She's warned me though to enjoy the next few years as she will definitely be leaving as soon as possible. Congrats again to your son, Cambridge is no mean feat!
Original post by samuelsheridan9
What are ur offer conditions?

1B at advanced higher (mods or english)
got an offer for global law at edinburgh last night (unconditional), still waiting for reply for scots law at edinburgh, anyone heard back or got an offer from them?
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Original post by nathanphillips06
got an offer for global law at edinburgh last night (unconditional), still waiting for reply for scots law at edinburgh, anyone heard back or got an offer from them?

Not yet, still waiting! But congrats on your global law offer :five: Would you rather do Scot’s law over global?
Just got an unconditional from Edinburgh for Scots law came in at around 2pm today!
Original post by Hyacinth*
Just got an unconditional from Edinburgh for Scots law came in at around 2pm today!

2pm? What’s your timezone? :unsure:
Oh I'm from Scotland so GMT
Original post by Hyacinth*

Did you put your clock forward early
Anyone firmed offers yet and where ?
Original post by Hopefulug
Anyone firmed offers yet and where ?

Firmed Glasgow (conditional) and insured Strathclyde (unconditional) wbu?
got an unconditional offer in from edinburgh for law today at around 12pm!! also got glasgow offers back, scots law and scots law with french language, back on tuesday!! probably firming glasgow but need to start thinking about insurance choice 🤔
Original post by ellishavlin
got an unconditional offer in from edinburgh for law today at around 12pm!! also got glasgow offers back, scots law and scots law with french language, back on tuesday!! probably firming glasgow but need to start thinking about insurance choice 🤔
Congrats! What are your stats?
Original post by user123654798
Congrats! What are your stats?

5As higher, predicted AB advanced higher, 2 As crash higher this year, 23 lnat!!
Reply 295
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh for Scots Law? Congratulations to all with offers but not heard here and getting anxious as Edinburgh is top choice.
Scottish non contextual, 5As at Higher, predicted 3As at AH.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Original post by C333
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh for Scots Law? Congratulations to all with offers but not heard here and getting anxious as Edinburgh is top choice.

I’m still waiting!
Original post by C333
Still waiting. Same stats as you.
Reply 298
Good luck to everyone still waiting🍀 It’s so stressful!
Original post by Cyb3rspace
Not yet, still waiting! But congrats on your global law offer :five: Would you rather do Scot’s law over global?

I'm honestly not sure, it's something I'd have to think through if I got a Scots offer. I have a Scots offer from Glasgow so just thinking about pros and cons of both courses (you qualify as a lawyer in Scotland with Scots but need an extra 2 years to do this with Global) so not sure - Edinburgh is my top choice uni at the moment though I think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending