The Student Room Group

i could have done better

When I was in secondary school, I never did my best.
I didn’t really know what I wanted to do with my life. Ever since I was 8, I said I wanted to become an a midwife. The reason was because I liked children. Whenever I was asked what I wanted to do I always said I wanted to become a midwife. I knew my reason wasn’t good enough. I always had a doubt in the back of my head, I knew it want what I wanted to do and I didn’t even find enjoyment in it. A cares meeting made me rethink my dream of becoming a midwife.

When it came up to Year 11 and I had to pick my A Levels that I wanted to study at sixth form, I picked them ones that I thought were the best option even though I didn’t even know what career I wanted to go into and what degree I wanted to study at university m. I didn’t really do much research at my options. I ended up applying for2 places only after I left secondary school: my current secondary schools sixth form and a college near where I lived. I didn’t apply for any other schools that had the A Levels I wanted to study. I got into both schools that I applied for and I knew the requirement to get in. I honestly didn’t care about the college I was just focusing into getting into the sixth form.

I didn’t revise for my GCSEs and ending up getting **** grades but passing. I didn’t even get into the college and the sixth form. I was transferred from the college that was near my house to the college that is in the city centre. I am on the course now at the college in the city centre and it has been very difficult finding universities that accept my qualification.

Looking back at it now, I just think if I tried harder at GCSEs and ending up passing/getting higher grades, I might have been able to get into the sixth form and change my A Level choices or gone to the college near my house and done their course their instead of now struggling to find universities that accept the course I am doing. I should have done more research into my options.

What are your guy’s thoughts?
Original post by Anonymous
Looking back at it now, I just think if I tried harder at GCSEs and ending up passing/getting higher grades, I might have been able to get into the sixth form and change my A Level choices or gone to the college near my house and done their course their instead of now struggling to find universities that accept the course I am doing. I should have done more research into my options.

What are your guy’s thoughts?

I agree, particularly with respect to researching your options.

I'm always surprised at the number of TSR users who create threads explaining that they're half-way through particular qualifications, only to realise that universities won't accept them for the course they want to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending