The Student Room Group

left university however now want to go back

Hello guys,
I have recently left university and I am now struggling with what I am doing. I want to go into the sport industry and am a keen person for becoming a personal trainer however with a bit more advanced degree. I was studying strength and conditioning which was meant to be good however it is completely different to when I went their and the teachers were not having their heart in it and not forced me out as I felt like I wasn't progressing with it. I done all my work up to march and have a few assignments that I of course haven't done as I left, the course finished in April. I am now out, doing a pt course but also stuck doing a job I dont like and feel I want to go back to have these years to know where and how I want to go about my sport related career. however I did not like the uni I went to but I would be open to going to a different one or maybe possibly if the uni I did go to could convince me. my question is, would it be too late to go back into the year I done, retake my missing assignments and get up to scratch too at least pass the year or would I have to start again and if I did could I have the potential to get into another university this coming term (September)

hope you can help
cheers
Original post by gcolville
Hello guys,
I have recently left university and I am now struggling with what I am doing. I want to go into the sport industry and am a keen person for becoming a personal trainer however with a bit more advanced degree. I was studying strength and conditioning which was meant to be good however it is completely different to when I went their and the teachers were not having their heart in it and not forced me out as I felt like I wasn't progressing with it. I done all my work up to march and have a few assignments that I of course haven't done as I left, the course finished in April. I am now out, doing a pt course but also stuck doing a job I dont like and feel I want to go back to have these years to know where and how I want to go about my sport related career. however I did not like the uni I went to but I would be open to going to a different one or maybe possibly if the uni I did go to could convince me. my question is, would it be too late to go back into the year I done, retake my missing assignments and get up to scratch too at least pass the year or would I have to start again and if I did could I have the potential to get into another university this coming term (September)

hope you can help
cheers

You seem confused, life is not all sweets and joy you got to do the things you hate to stay steady.

Regarding going back to university you need to email your professors or better yet your personal tutor and see what they can do about this situation for you.

Piece of advice from me; if the second option doesn't work, start building your social media page. I got a friend who became a PT and really and truly it's like running a business however credibility is everything. Show your progress, and do a "client" progression (it could just be a friend to start off with).
Reply 2
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
You seem confused, life is not all sweets and joy you got to do the things you hate to stay steady.

Regarding going back to university you need to email your professors or better yet your personal tutor and see what they can do about this situation for you.

Piece of advice from me; if the second option doesn't work, start building your social media page. I got a friend who became a PT and really and truly it's like running a business however credibility is everything. Show your progress, and do a "client" progression (it could just be a friend to start off with).

I am confused, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t. I originally went with that goal in mind for myself to get a sport degree and go through that and have my pt business on the side to then eventually build that up. I did also think going to uni gave me that 3 years to build my social media page and which after doing 1 year of it I know if I was to go again I would definitely. I have sent my personal tutor an email and look forward to their response but don’t know if it will go in my favour, if it doesn’t I dont know if I would go to a different uni entirely, I would like to after going to my friends unis and they look a lot better than my one. But as you said I am very much confused.
Original post by gcolville
Hello guys,

hope you can help
cheers

Contact your university. They might let you return to take the whole year from scratch in September or they might agree to you returning after Christmas.

alternatively (or at the same time) put together a UCAS application asap if you want to have the option to start elsewhere in September.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Contact your university. They might let you return to take the whole year from scratch in September or they might agree to you returning after Christmas.

alternatively (or at the same time) put together a UCAS application asap if you want to have the option to start elsewhere in September.

Would I have to do it all again ie the reference and points? I couldn’t use my last one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending