The Student Room Group

Funding for a future course with 1 year of previous full time study and a CertHE

Previously I studied full-time at a university on a 3-year Computer Science BSc course. I left after the first year. Having completed the year I obtained a Certificate of Higher Education.

I was funded by Student Finance Wales for that year. I was under the assumption that should I return to University in the future I would be able to receive full funding for a new 3-year course because of the 3 + 1 rule. However, would the CertHE disqualify me from receiving funding for the first year of a new course? If it does would it also disqualify me from receiving maintenance loan funding? It wouldn't be in the same subject to clarify.
Original post by Username32424
Previously I studied full-time at a university on a 3-year Computer Science BSc course. I left after the first year. Having completed the year I obtained a Certificate of Higher Education.

I was funded by Student Finance Wales for that year. I was under the assumption that should I return to University in the future I would be able to receive full funding for a new 3-year course because of the 3 + 1 rule. However, would the CertHE disqualify me from receiving funding for the first year of a new course? If it does would it also disqualify me from receiving maintenance loan funding? It wouldn't be in the same subject to clarify.

I think you will be able to get funding for the full three years as the new bachelors course is a higher qualification than the Cert HE. I believe the standard calculation would apply:

Length of new course + 1 year - years of previous study.

Do check this with SFW.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending