The Student Room Group

38 days and no period

Today would mark the 38th day and no period. Last month (or should I say end of December) I started my period after 25 days and I had a virus, fever type thing hence why I think it could be delayed. I am 100% not pregnant. How do I make my period come faster?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
Today would mark the 38th day and no period. Last month (or should I say end of December) I started my period after 25 days and I had a virus, fever type thing hence why I think it could be delayed. I am 100% not pregnant. How do I make my period come faster?

Hei!
Honestly, if it's something that is seriously bothering you then I definitely recommend you get in touch with your GP.

As for generally, do you mind me asking if you're usually regular? It can be pretty common for unexpected events - like additional stress, changes in environments, and a change to your diet - to have an impact on the frequency of your period. Are you eating well? Is there anything that has been really stressing you out lately? Do you use birth control? This can regulate things.

To induce a period try exercise, eating more nutritious meals, or engaging in something that will relax and calm you down. My friend has also recommended drinking more herbal tea (Saffron, Chamomille, Ginger, etc) although this never worked in my case. If this doesn't make any difference by day 42 then I think GP, or a female health practitioner, may be the next best avenue to go down.

I hope this helps! (:
- Bee
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1

How late can your period be........

Periods can be as late as a 35-40 day cycle, or it's possible to miss periods altogether. The question is when you should investigate late or absent periods. If this occurs for just one cycle there is rarely a serious cause and it is a minor alteration in your normal state of being.
If you don't have any periods soon after that timeframe then I would suggest that you consider consulting your own GP about it and they will discuss with you any possible causes.

Stress can be one of the most common causes of late periods. But until you either have your periods or talk to your own GP then you'll not know what causing it.

I will let your GP discuss everything with you as that way you'll get the correct information rather than someone on a social media site giving you info that may be in correct.

NHS own website will have plenty of information about it there.
nhs.uk
https://www.nhs.uk conditions
Missed or late periods - NHS

NHS registered midwife

Quick Reply

Latest