The Student Room Group

Ccc to aaa

well yh as the title says idk if its possible still but yh! im working 10-12 hrs a day but havent started full on past papers just past paper questions
doing
econ-aqa
chem ocr a
maths edexcel
Reply 1
So from 4/5 to 7/8? Yes, that’s more than possible. Working 10-12 hours a day might have negative impacts, revision is supposed to be completed over a long period of time in short snappy sessions. Make sure you give yourself breaks and rewards for sticking to a revision routine.
Original post by HELPBISH
well yh as the title says idk if its possible still but yh! im working 10-12 hrs a day but havent started full on past papers just past paper questions
doing
econ-aqa
chem ocr a
maths edexcel

Are you really working 10-12 hours?
Reply 3
yep i use the pomodoro method. Ive had a 3-5 day break becuase of some family issues except that yh
Reply 4
Original post by Schotel
So from 4/5 to 7/8? Yes, that’s more than possible. Working 10-12 hours a day might have negative impacts, revision is supposed to be completed over a long period of time in short snappy sessions. Make sure you give yourself breaks and rewards for sticking to a revision routine.

i do the pomodoro method so 1 hour then 10-15 min break
i think it is possible
Reply 6
Original post by Schotel

sorry what do you mean by 4-5 to 7-8??
Reply 7
doing
econ-aqa
chem ocr a
maths edexcel

12 hours a day seems a bit excessive even if you’re trying to catch up with content to go up a grade. i’ve said this loads of times but instead of setting yourself a number of hours to work as your revision goal, e.g i’m gonna do 10 hours a day, you should be setting yourself realistic targets like today i’m gonna go over my Periodicity flashcards in chem and then i’m gonna do an AS paper to test my yr 1 knowledge, etc. it gives your revision a bit more structure and an overall aim for the day.

regardless if you do want some sort of hours to aim for, maybe go for 6-7, but you aren’t going to last very long trying to do 12 hours a day all the way up to when exams start, you’re just going to burn out and then lose motivation again.
Original post by aliaa03
12 hours a day seems a bit excessive even if you’re trying to catch up with content to go up a grade. i’ve said this loads of times but instead of setting yourself a number of hours to work as your revision goal, e.g i’m gonna do 10 hours a day, you should be setting yourself realistic targets like today i’m gonna go over my Periodicity flashcards in chem and then i’m gonna do an AS paper to test my yr 1 knowledge, etc. it gives your revision a bit more structure and an overall aim for the day.

regardless if you do want some sort of hours to aim for, maybe go for 6-7, but you aren’t going to last very long trying to do 12 hours a day all the way up to when exams start, you’re just going to burn out and then lose motivation again.

PRSOM.

Revision is about quality not quantity OP :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by TriplexA
PRSOM.

Revision is about quality not quantity OP :smile:

Its the amount of time it takes me to cover my todo list
Original post by aliaa03

Exactly :smile:
You'll have to work very hard to improve by 6 grades.

Chemistry and maths are particular challenges.

I'm not going to say it's impossible, just don't be disappointed if AAA doesn't materialize.
doing
econ-aqa
chem ocr a
maths edexcel

I spent 10 hours every day aswell during my A Levels. If youj know the content, spend your time doing PPQs
Reply 13
So nearly finished off the whole chemistry course including past paper questions. Finished off all of microeconomics so just need to sit down and regurgitate the whole spec tomorrow. After that just exam practise restarts. I struggle with macro the most soooo that and pure are on the hit list tomorrow with past papers for chemistry.
Reply 14
I really don't know if I can do get these grades but lets hope for the best I guess
I actually need A*AA to get into my choice university but IDK if its possible cus i have 38 days before my first exam ffs
I really don't know if I can do get these grades but lets hope for the best I guess
I actually need A*AA to get into my choice university but IDK if its possible cus i have 38 days before my first exam ffs

i really believe you can do it, i also need A*AA and ive been in a massive slump and revising on and off but i’m really trying to get back on my feet. with hard work and dedication i truly believe you can achieve those grades
Reply 16
Original post by succubus666
i really believe you can do it, i also need A*AA and ive been in a massive slump and revising on and off but i’m really trying to get back on my feet. with hard work and dedication i truly believe you can achieve those grades

Thank you I hope so aswell. I'm trying for an A* in economics but ive kinda ****ed up because ive crushed my thumb so can barely write so im currently really behind as I wanted to finish the course by the end of the week but clearly havent been able to
Reply 17
Thank you I hope so aswell. I'm trying for an A* in economics but ive kinda ****ed up because ive crushed my thumb so can barely write so im currently really behind as I wanted to finish the course by the end of the week but clearly havent been able to

Update? 😭😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending