The Student Room Group

Deloitte Level 7 Apprenticehsip vs Bath Economics

Hi,

Wanted some advice I got accepted into the Deloitte bright start apprenticeship programme for Audit where in 4 years I will have done my ACA and be working in the Banking and Capital markets team. Starting salary ~£26,000+

On the other hand I got accepted into Bath economics.

I’m not sure on what to pick, personally I would love to move to consulting and PE firms or even different companies so I’m not sure.

Could anyone shed any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by ewgvrearb
Hi,
Wanted some advice I got accepted into the Deloitte bright start apprenticeship programme for Audit where in 4 years I will have done my ACA and be working in the Banking and Capital markets team. Starting salary ~£26,000+
I’m not sure on what to pick, personally I would love to move to consulting and PE firms or even different companies so I’m not sure.

Hi, this really depends on what career path you have in mind. If you aspire to work in audit/consulting, Deloitte makes sense since the degree wouldn't contribute much extra to your career once you're ACA certified, a qualification you'd need to start working towards anyway if you joined off the back of a graduate scheme after attending uni. However, if you think you might want to work in IB/PE or other areas of high finance, a degree is an essential requirement, as well as the relevent internships that it will make you eligible for.
Original post by ewgvrearb
Hi,

I’d personally go for the level 7 Deloitte apprenticeship. You’ll be gaining a masters level qualification with 4+ years of experience and a good salary. You won’t have to stay within the accounting field if you change your mind and the ACA is a widely recognised qualification which would certainly benefit you in the long run and make you stand out to employers. I know a friend who did the Deloitte bright start apprenticeship in audit and now work at JP Morgan as an investment banker. He mentioned that most investment banks prefer candidates who have completed the ACA full qualification or other relevant professional qualifications, such as the CFA or ACCA.

Even if your choice is not to be an investment banker or accounting the ACA can get you into so many different fields like finance manager, consultant, economist.

Also just to add once you’ve completed your economics degree you’ll be in lots of student debt and will be leaving university applying to jobs where thousands of similar students are in your role. Having the additional experience at a BigFour firm will set you up for life!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending