The Student Room Group

How common is Faking bereavement to get a Cw extension

Hello, just want to know how common faking bereavement is at uni to get an extension for a deadline. So I have a friend who faked her grandmothers death to get an extension for some cw. Well I’m honestly kinda annoyed as the rest of us worked really hard to do our cw and it was a lot easier for her as she got an extension for it. We also had multiple cws due in round the same time so I understand it was stressful and we all just delt with the consequences and got on. Honestly would like to snitch but I know that would be stupid and there’s nothing I can do without causing more drama.
Reply 1
Some form of evidence would be required as proof, so would be surprised if this just sailed through.
Reply 2
Well, long story short someone had a scanned copy of the death certificate of their grandmother who passed away as they needed it for EC. And all they did was change the date. The certificate is in another language.
Pretty rare I think. Most people have at least some decorum if not actual scruples.
Original post by artful_lounger
Pretty rare I think. Most people have at least some decorum if not actual scruples.

yes I would have thought so too.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello, just want to know how common faking bereavement is at uni to get an extension for a deadline. So I have a friend who faked her grandmothers death to get an extension for some cw. Well I’m honestly kinda annoyed as the rest of us worked really hard to do our cw and it was a lot easier for her as she got an extension for it. We also had multiple cws due in round the same time so I understand it was stressful and we all just delt with the consequences and got on. Honestly would like to snitch but I know that would be stupid and there’s nothing I can do without causing more drama.

Faking somone's death is very low and despicable thing to do. Tells you lot about the kinda of person they are if they need to stoop so low.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending