The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL PWP February 2023

Helloooo everyone!

Starting a new thread for those who will be applying for the February 2023 entry of UCL’s PWP course.

This is my second time applying (didn’t get to interview last time), but have worked hard to improve my personal statement this time around as I managed to get some amazing feedback from those who are already qualified in the field.

Would be great to know people’s experiences, preferred services, and the number of attempts (if this isn’t your first time applying).

Hope to hear from y’all soon xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good luck to you both! I don't think much experience is essential, any job you do you can face scenarios which are difficult to over come or you learn something from it. All skills are transferable, just relate your answers to what you're applying to? I believe showing the interest matters more, because what's the point of experience if you're not interested or driven by the job you're in

Can I ask how you applied please? As every time I follow the click to apply now button it takes me around in circles to a search page where I search the course then I select apply and it takes back again to the same page I started on. I googled ucl application portal and noticed a Monday to Friday 10-4 pop up, is this actually the case? I thought I could apply over the weekend whilst I'm not at work but this doesn't seem to be going my way... If that is the case, do you mind sharing the personal statement question so I could work on that this weekend and submit my application on Monday. It would be my first time applying.

I graduated from BioMed and worked in Mental Health throughout my degree. After giving the degree a go after graduation, I am still very fond of that job and really want to pursue a career in Psychology. This is the perfect career change for me, I appreciate any help and advice in advance.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Hi both!
In my experience from applying in the last cohort, the way you are able to illustrate your experience with examples and linking it to the person spec is essential in the personal statement.

In my first attempt, I wasn’t able to do this so effectively. Luckily, I managed to get assistance in writing my new statement for this cohort from those who are already qualified.
Reply 3
Original post by mari.l
Helloooo everyone!

Starting a new thread for those who will be applying for the February 2023 entry of UCL’s PWP course.

This is my second time applying (didn’t get to interview last time), but have worked hard to improve my personal statement this time around as I managed to get some amazing feedback from those who are already qualified in the field.

Would be great to know people’s experiences, preferred services, and the number of attempts (if this isn’t your first time applying).

Hope to hear from y’all soon xxx

Thanks for starting the thread Mari!

I've submitted my application for this intake. This is my third application to the programme. I tried once in 2020 and then again for October 2022. I think I got close for the last intake but I believe they take issue with my circumstances due to me being on a visa and coming to the end of my current visa and applying for settlement. That fact still remains but I should be submitting my settlement application very soon so I'm hoping that will be considered but I'm not super hopeful, but you don't know unless you try!

I've put my preferred services as Richmond and Kingston.
Reply 4
Original post by smoe98
Good luck to you both! I don't think much experience is essential, any job you do you can face scenarios which are difficult to over come or you learn something from it. All skills are transferable, just relate your answers to what you're applying to? I believe showing the interest matters more, because what's the point of experience if you're not interested or driven by the job you're in

Can I ask how you applied please? As every time I follow the click to apply now button it takes me around in circles to a search page where I search the course then I select apply and it takes back again to the same page I started on. I googled ucl application portal and noticed a Monday to Friday 10-4 pop up, is this actually the case? I thought I could apply over the weekend whilst I'm not at work but this doesn't seem to be going my way... If that is the case, do you mind sharing the personal statement question so I could work on that this weekend and submit my application on Monday. It would be my first time applying.

I graduated from BioMed and worked in Mental Health throughout my degree. After giving the degree a go after graduation, I am still very fond of that job and really want to pursue a career in Psychology. This is the perfect career change for me, I appreciate any help and advice in advance.

Just in case you hadn't seen it yet, there's a link at the top of the page and underneath where it says "applications open" that you need to follow to apply. You can ignore the buttons that say "apply for this course" as they're not working (taking you in the loop).
Reply 5
Hi everyone, I am just filling out my application. I am extremely nervous and excited! Been reading about people previous experience with the application process and how it went for them. I studied Sociology and Social Policy at uni. I work in a mental health support home part time and recently got a job as a family practitioner. This is my first time applying. Has anyone sent off their application?
Reply 6
Hi there everyone! I thought i would jump on this too- has anyone heard anything back yet? This is my first time applying and therefore I am a little uncertain of the process, by the looks of it we all are! Good luck to everyone applying. X
Reply 7
Original post by PeachyT
Hi there everyone! I thought i would jump on this too- has anyone heard anything back yet? This is my first time applying and therefore I am a little uncertain of the process, by the looks of it we all are! Good luck to everyone applying. X

Welcome to the thread!

Definitely won't hear anything back for a little while. My guess is probably November at the earliest. It's really hit-and-miss and there is very little consistency so it just takes a lot of patience. In previous years some people heard quite quickly and for others it was a few months, regardless of the outcome. So although unhelpful and not very comforting we'll all have to just wait and see!

Certainly good to keep everyone here updated on any progress, or reach out if you just need some support to get through the waiting! It's very nerve-racking, but we're all in the same boat!
Anyone gets any update on their application. I also applied and it's my second time applying for PWP.
Reply 9
Original post by Saarah1814
Anyone gets any update on their application. I also applied and it's my second time applying for PWP.

Hi there!

I haven’t had any updates. It still says ‘application under assessment’. Is everyone’s still reading the same ?
Original post by PeachyT
Hi there!

I haven’t had any updates. It still says ‘application under assessment’. Is everyone’s still reading the same ?

My application is also showing under assesment

Mine still says under assessment. I would think we won't hear back for at least another 2 weeks at the earliest but you never know! Best of luck!
Any one get any response or still waiting
Any one get any response or still waiting

I’m still waiting for a response. Haven’t heard of anyone else hearing anything yet but I think we will start to hear back pretty soon as it’s almost November :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I’m still waiting for a response. Haven’t heard of anyone else hearing anything yet but I think we will start to hear back pretty soon as it’s almost November :smile:

I just checked and my status has changed from ‘application under assessment’ to ‘currently being processed by admissions’. It doesn’t say anything else though. I’m also unsure of what this means haha. Any ideas anyone ?
I also checked my status, and it also showing currently being processed by admissions’ I don't know what it means
Original post by PeachyT
I just checked and my status has changed from ‘application under assessment’ to ‘currently being processed by admissions’. It doesn’t say anything else though. I’m also unsure of what this means haha. Any ideas anyone ?

When I applied last time this happened before I received the unsuccessful notification but it could also mean you’ll get a successful update? At this point I’m not sure tbh
Original post by PeachyT

Did you get any update after it changed to this?
Hi:smile: Anyone has any update from UCL?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi:smile: Anyone has any update from UCL?

Hiyaaa! Not yet- mine still says ‘application under assessment’.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending