The Student Room Group

Quick question about using Zoom meetings

I've got an online appointment for tomorrow and I already have the link, but I've never used Zoom before and I heard that on the free version, the calls will automatically end after 40 minutes. However, my meeting will be an hour or more. The subscription is around 100 quid and its billed annually ffs I'm going to go broke.
Just tell the person in the meeting that you may need to reconnect.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
I've got an online appointment for tomorrow and I already have the link, but I've never used Zoom before and I heard that on the free version, the calls will automatically end after 40 minutes. However, my meeting will be an hour or more. The subscription is around 100 quid and its billed annually ffs I'm going to go broke.

I'm pretty sure that for work meetings I've just used the free client. My employer has a paid Zoom licence, and meetings over 40 minutes have just worked with no need to reconnect.

So if the people hosting the meeting have paid for the right licence you shouldn't have problems. If they're using a free licence then they should be used to having to restart meetings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending