The Student Room Group

Rochdale sixth form college (RSFC) or loreto Manchester?

Hi, so for context. I've got offers at both colleges, having my subject decision interviews later this week. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice for which college I should pick.

For reference, don't jump straight to calling me an emo, but I'd consider myself alternative. Aswell being autistic and generally just a person that a lot of highly conforming and neurotypical people find weird at first. Once people get to know me there's never usually issues but. I just don't want to take the chance of ending up with no mates at college cus I'm a super social person and that would drain me lol.

I wanna take physics, computing, maths (and potentially further maths if I get the grades) for a-level.

So my point is, which should I go to? Rsfc Is only one bus away and loreto is 2. But it passes through picadilly anyways so like, I feel like if anything it's more of an excuse to hang out in town. Plus I'd be closer to my mates who are going to xavarian and bedes ect. AHHH IDK. what's social life like at rsfc?

Apparently people at loreto are snobby and people at rsfc are chavvy. Sorry to stereotype but that's just what I've heard.

Help...😭

If there's anyone like me who is planning on or has been to either of these colleges pls lmk your opinion on them.
Reply 1
Hey im planning of going to loreto, and i would take maths and physics,
Personally I liked loreto because its seems to give you alot of support, but i also feel like it gives you more responsibility and seems more strict then your average college.
I'm quite shy but at the taster day everyone seemed lovely.
I know a teacher at rsfc and he says its good n chill but honestly you have to ask ppl there.
Reply 2
Original post by Emz.idkdik
Hi, so for context. I've got offers at both colleges, having my subject decision interviews later this week. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice for which college I should pick.

For reference, don't jump straight to calling me an emo, but I'd consider myself alternative. Aswell being autistic and generally just a person that a lot of highly conforming and neurotypical people find weird at first. Once people get to know me there's never usually issues but. I just don't want to take the chance of ending up with no mates at college cus I'm a super social person and that would drain me lol.

I wanna take physics, computing, maths (and potentially further maths if I get the grades) for a-level.

So my point is, which should I go to? Rsfc Is only one bus away and loreto is 2. But it passes through picadilly anyways so like, I feel like if anything it's more of an excuse to hang out in town. Plus I'd be closer to my mates who are going to xavarian and bedes ect. AHHH IDK. what's social life like at rsfc?

Apparently people at loreto are snobby and people at rsfc are chavvy. Sorry to stereotype but that's just what I've heard.

Help...😭

If there's anyone like me who is planning on or has been to either of these colleges pls lmk your opinion on them.

Is that Loreto in Hulme? Snobby, ha
Reply 3
Original post by We Sink
Is that Loreto in Hulme? Snobby, ha

Yeah that's what ive heard. Had enough of stuck up that's. Think I'm just gonna stay local
Reply 4
Original post by Ogechih
Hey im planning of going to loreto, and i would take maths and physics,
Personally I liked loreto because its seems to give you alot of support, but i also feel like it gives you more responsibility and seems more strict then your average college.
I'm quite shy but at the taster day everyone seemed lovely.
I know a teacher at rsfc and he says its good n chill but honestly you have to ask ppl there.

Idk what to choose lol. I'll just think about it closer to enrolment
Reply 5
Original post by Emz.h
Idk what to choose lol. I'll just think about it closer to enrolment

You should go to new student day to get a feel of the vibe there

Quick Reply

Latest