The Student Room Group

Can i get into loreto with these grades?

Computer science -4
geography-4
Maths -5
Combined science- 6-5
English Lit -5
English Lang-6
Religious Studies - 8

I've been very stressed out about the college applications and i already sent mine, my subjects that i chose were very english based so they consist of Law,economics,politics and philosphy
Reply 1
As a Loreto student, you honestly have nothing to be stressed out about because your grades are all passes. You may get accepted also because the subjects you have chosen are essay based so they will take your english grades into account. You will be fine so don't worry, there are students here who have been accepted with lower grades than yours.
Reply 2
I think you may be able to get in for 3 A-levels but I’m not too sure what the requirements are for the sixth form for 4 A-levels as from experience it seems you need to have higher grades than that for 4 A-levels. I think you may be alright though and good luck!
Original post by Planet_Vegeta
Computer science -4
geography-4
Maths -5
Combined science- 6-5
English Lit -5
English Lang-6
Religious Studies - 8

I've been very stressed out about the college applications and i already sent mine, my subjects that i chose were very english based so they consist of Law,economics,politics and philosphy

there!

I’m from Manchester and went to Xaverian College which is very similar to Loreto. If you go on the Loreto website then in the “our courses” section it will tell you what grade requirements are needed for you to be accepted on each course. If there are any issues with meeting those requirements then get in contact with them and see if any extenuating circumstance scenarios can apply.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions :smile:

Best wishes,
Rose Warburton (she/her)
Actor-Musician, 3rd year
Reply 4
Computer science -4
geography-4
Maths -5
Combined science- 6-5
English Lit -5
English Lang-6
Religious Studies - 8

Hi have you heard back anything from them regarding your application. I have sent mine but got no emails or posts since then. All of my friends has received a confirmation mail and post and i have not i am worried
Reply 5
Original post by Deepak.23
Hi have you heard back anything from them regarding your application. I have sent mine but got no emails or posts since then. All of my friends has received a confirmation mail and post and i have not i am worried

yeah they sent me a mail today saying the applications will be reviewed in march
Reply 6

yeah they sent me a mail today saying the applications will be reviewed in march

But most of my friends got an offer today, why march?
Reply 7
But most of my friends got an offer today, why march?

they applied early most likely i assume
Reply 8

they applied early most likely i assume

Oh no they applied with me i am so worried tbh
Reply 9
Oh no they applied with me i am so worried tbh

honestly it depends if you even met their entry requirements. you need a 6 minimum for a stem to do alevel. if u atleast got one 6 should be fine dont worry about it too much.
Reply 10

honestly it depends if you even met their entry requirements. you need a 6 minimum for a stem to do alevel. if u atleast got one 6 should be fine dont worry about it too much.

I got 4 9s and remaining 8s except 7 for history what did ur letter say today?
I got 4 9s and remaining 8s except 7 for history what did ur letter say today?

yeah u did way better than me. my letter was talking about how all applications are being reviewed and a finalization will be in march. that's all.
Reply 12

yeah u did way better than me. my letter was talking about how all applications are being reviewed and a finalization will be in march. that's all.

Ohh my friends were offered a place anyways i ll just wait
if you got the mail, i assume they most likely have your college applications already, if not maybe they don't because everyone in my school got it as well (well the people who applied)
Ohh my friends were offered a place anyways i ll just wait

same i'm really worried i still havent recieved a conditional offer from loreto just a postcard and my friends applied with me and after me before xmas hoiday and they've heard back and I haven't i got really good grades too 7,8,9
Reply 15
Original post by Icantchoose

same i'm really worried i still havent recieved a conditional offer from loreto just a postcard and my friends applied with me and after me before xmas hoiday and they've heard back and I haven't i got really good grades too 7,8,9

Hi, i think they are still processing the applications I received the offer earlier but my friend she just got it last week. There are so many applications to the college so its better to wait until the end of February. I am sure you will receive an offer soon! Good luck
Hi, i think they are still processing the applications I received the offer earlier but my friend she just got it last week. There are so many applications to the college so its better to wait until the end of February. I am sure you will receive an offer soon! Good luck

oh right, yh hopefully, when did you apply?
Reply 17
Original post by Icantchoose

oh right, yh hopefully, when did you apply?

I m not exactly sure but we did it around end or November or sm
Reply 18
Are the predicted grades good enough to get me a place at loreto or xaverian
maths 5
English language 6
English literature 6
Combined science 5-5
History 4+
Geography 4
Reply 19
Original post by Bhhj.dd
Are the predicted grades good enough to get me a place at loreto or xaverian
maths 5
English language 6
English literature 6
Combined science 5-5
History 4+
Geography 4

Maybe xaverian- I got waitlisted at loreto with 7s, 8s and 9s. I'm going sale grammar anyways now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending