The Student Room Group

Loreto & Xaverian 2023

Hi, i am in year 11 taking my GCSEs this year i am worried about being accepted in these 2 colleges as i go to an online school I used to go to a Partner school, but changed really soon i am not catholic but my predicted grades range from 7-9, will i be accepted.
Original post by Abdullah924
Hi, i am in year 11 taking my GCSEs this year i am worried about being accepted in these 2 colleges as i go to an online school I used to go to a Partner school, but changed really soon i am not catholic but my predicted grades range from 7-9, will i be accepted.

Hi! I've just started Year 13 at Loreto.
Firstly, I didn't go to a partner school, and I don't think it matters too much. Lots of people here aren't from partner schools.
Also, you don't have to be Catholic to go-Catholic students do get some form of priority but a lot of students here are of other faiths/no faith, so not being Catholic definitely shouldn't put you off!
As for your predicted grades, wow they're amazing :smile:. I think it depends on what subjects you want to-I don't do them but sciences have higher entrance requirements than humanities (what I do)-so maybe look on the website.

hope this helps x
Original post by average_human
Hi! I've just started Year 13 at Loreto.
Firstly, I didn't go to a partner school, and I don't think it matters too much. Lots of people here aren't from partner schools.
Also, you don't have to be Catholic to go-Catholic students do get some form of priority but a lot of students here are of other faiths/no faith, so not being Catholic definitely shouldn't put you off!
As for your predicted grades, wow they're amazing :smile:. I think it depends on what subjects you want to-I don't do them but sciences have higher entrance requirements than humanities (what I do)-so maybe look on the website.

hope this helps x

Thank you so much i wanted to maths (9) physics(8) and chemistry(7) thus eases me out but will have to wait until march or sumthin to find out.
Reply 3
Thank you so much i wanted to maths (9) physics(8) and chemistry(7) thus eases me out but will have to wait until march or sumthin to find out.

Hi, just an update, i have been accepted by Xaverian and put on waiting list by Loreto.
Hi, just an update, i have been accepted by Xaverian and put on waiting list by Loreto.

ah congrats!!
apparently Loreto were really oversubscribed this year
Good luck with GCSEs and college in September :smile:
Reply 5
ah congrats!!

Hi, things did not go my way unfortunately. I was later rejected by Xaverian as to not having the grades. I did a total of 9 GCSE’s of which i passed 5.

Passed:
Biology: 4
Maths: 5
History: 5
English Literature: 5
English Language: 6

Failed:
Business: 2
Chemistry: 3
Physics: 3
Geography: 3

Luckily, Connell co-op college were very kind and gave me a place. I am currently studying Law, Business and Statistics A-levels, hopefully pursuing a successful career in law.
Reply 6
ah congrats!!

Hi, things did not go my way unfortunately. I was later rejected by Xaverian as to not having the grades. I did a total of 9 GCSE’s of which i passed 5.

Passed:

Failed:

Luckily, Connell co-op college were very kind and gave me a place. I am currently studying Law, Business and Statistics A-levels, hopefully pursuing a successful career in law.

Hi i am in y11 and in worried as i have not heard back from loreto regarding if they have received my application or not and all my friends have got the confirmation post and email. Was wondering when did u get the confirmation mail and the offer like which month. Thanks
Reply 7
I received postcards from both Loreto and Xaverian in January. A week after Xaverian’s postcard came, i had an offer letter, while Loreto provided a waiting list letter in late February. I hope this information is helpful.
Reply 8
I received postcards from both Loreto and Xaverian in January. A week after Xaverian’s postcard came, i had an offer letter, while Loreto provided a waiting list letter in late February. I hope this information is helpful.

Thank you, i ll just wait for some days.
Reply 9

Hey, what grades were you predicted again but then you failed some
Original post by Deepak.23

Passed:

Failed:

Hi i am in y11 and in worried as i have not heard back from loreto regarding if they have received my application or not and all my friends have got the confirmation post and email. Was wondering when did u get the confirmation mail and the offer like which month. Thanks
same im really worried everyone i know have got a letter and done thier interview :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by Icantchoose
Original post by Deepak.23

Passed:

Failed:

same im really worried everyone i know have got a letter and done thier interview :frown:

Hi I didnt receive the post card but i got the offer letter on 15 th jan and had my interview like 2 weeks ago but my friends are still receiving offers and interviews so dw

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending