The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine Applicant thread 2025 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by awh_aysha
Hey is it okay if I message you please? I’d love to seek advice from you x My Instagram is @bakes_by_aysha/@aysha.zmx

Yes! Please do
Original post by Saffronnn•
Yes! Please do

Thank you so so much truly, please can I have your insta/ you can follow me and I’ll message you there x
Original post by awh_aysha
Thank you so so much truly, please can I have your insta/ you can follow me and I’ll message you there x

I followed you x
So far, I only have 3 hours of lambing, I did get a lot out of this 3 hours and it was a fantastic experience. But will this lack of time be a problem when it comes to my sending off my application?
Original post by Elizabeth200
So far, I only have 3 hours of lambing, I did get a lot out of this 3 hours and it was a fantastic experience. But will this lack of time be a problem when it comes to my sending off my application?

Can you get anymore this spring?
If not, If you got as much out of it as you say and are able to discuss it in depth then that’s great and definitely better than nothing and lots of applications don’t have any lambing experience so if it’s not possible to do more don’t worry too much about it.
Hi, potential international applicant here (from US). I will have already obtained an undergrad degree and plan to apply to the accelerated/grad entry programs at rvc and bristol, as well as the 5 year at nott and liverpool. I guess my question is, do i stand a better chance of getting into the 5 year than the 4 year? I am a little concerned about being accepted into the accelerated programs because my gpa is hovering just around the minimum, and I can’t figure out if my chances are higher in the 5 year due to already having a relevant degree or not.

My grades were poor the first few years of my degree due to personal circumstances but are trending upward especially here towards the end, but I’m not sure if that makes any difference.

As an addendum, can someone perhaps explain what a conditional offer is to me? 😅 I’ve seen it mentioned a few times and I think I get it but also not quite.

Thank you so much!!
Original post by Elizabeth200

I’d recommend getting a week of some sort of farm. If you can’t get lambing then dairy is a popular alternative
Original post by hyduchess
Hi, potential international applicant here (from US). I will have already obtained an undergrad degree and plan to apply to the accelerated/grad entry programs at rvc and bristol, as well as the 5 year at nott and liverpool. I guess my question is, do i stand a better chance of getting into the 5 year than the 4 year? I am a little concerned about being accepted into the accelerated programs because my gpa is hovering just around the minimum, and I can’t figure out if my chances are higher in the 5 year due to already having a relevant degree or not.
My grades were poor the first few years of my degree due to personal circumstances but are trending upward especially here towards the end, but I’m not sure if that makes any difference.
As an addendum, can someone perhaps explain what a conditional offer is to me? 😅 I’ve seen it mentioned a few times and I think I get it but also not quite.
Thank you so much!!

I think there will be more places available on the 5 year, although some (if not all) universities will only allocate a specific number of places to international applicants.
A conditional offer means you are offered a place on the condition that you achieve certain grades in say A levels or in your degree. Unconditional offers are generally for those who already have the required qualifications to be accepted on to the course
Hope this helps 😊
Original post by happyplace11
I think there will be more places available on the 5 year, although some (if not all) universities will only allocate a specific number of places to international applicants.
A conditional offer means you are offered a place on the condition that you achieve certain grades in say A levels or in your degree. Unconditional offers are generally for those who already have the required qualifications to be accepted on to the course
Hope this helps 😊

thank you so much!! definitely does help my understanding.
Reply 89
Hi! year 13 student applying in a gap year, current work experience is zero but I'm working on it.
Original post by DukeAim
Hi! year 13 student applying in a gap year, current work experience is zero but I'm working on it.

good luck !! 🙂
Original post by marti3x
Yes it's definitely possible! Applications opened recently I think, I'll leave the link at the bottom. All you need is to "be on track" to achieving the grades not necessarily have them already. On top of that if you don't study in an English speaking school you might need to provide additional English qualifications. There is also a personal statement they will use to assess you. If you have any questions at all feel free to reach out to me and PM me!
https://www.rvc.ac.uk/study/rvc-is-open-for-all/visit-us/pre-vet-summer-school

Okok I will try to apply it! Thanks for you reply!!!
Sorry that I just notice the reply :,(
What factors should I consider when choosing which universities to apply to?
They’re intake number, whether you like the actual uni and location. Accreditation also was a big factor for me, and their teaching method there’s probably other factors but just do some research into each and figure out which ones you like
Hi everyone,

I'm a current S6 student in Scotland who's taken Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths at Advanced Higher.

I applied to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool and Cambridge for Vet Med in October and I've gotten offers from them all.
I've firmed Cambridge and insured Edinburgh 🙂

If anyone has any questions about the application process for any of these unis or just questions about vet med in general feel free to ask!
Original post by HopefulVet24
Hi everyone,
I'm a current S6 student in Scotland who's taken Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths at Advanced Higher.
I applied to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool and Cambridge for Vet Med in October and I've gotten offers from them all.
If anyone has any questions about the application process for any of these unis or just questions about vet med in general feel free to ask!

What an amazing achievement . Most could only dream of this! Good luck in your up coming exams 🍀😊
Hi everyone,

that's amazing, well done 🙂 !!!
Hi everyone,

Hi, congratulations on the offers!! It would’ve been impossible for me to achieve that! I’m hoping to apply to Cambridge and Liverpool as my top choices since I’m also considering going into research. My other two unis are Bristol and Glasgow. Would you mind sharing your experiences of applying to Cambridge, Liverpool, and Glasgow? Additionally, would you mind me asking about the types and length of your work experiences? Much appreciated!
Hi everyone,

Wow, that is utterly amazing. You should be very proud of yourself with that result.
Hi everyone,

Wow that's amazing, congratulations! Do you have any advice on how much/ what kind of work experience would be useful when applying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending