The Student Room Group

What Unis should i aim for? Yr 12 student

Hi, i am a student in year 12 and am really unfamiliar with the process of choosing Unis as I haven’t done much research. I was wondering if anyone could take a look at my academics and advise me on the sort of unis i should aim for as i have no clue! I am planning on reading medicine or something science based at university.
GCSE Grades:
A Levels:
Biology (B) (AS predicted)
Chemistry (A) (AS predicted)
English literature (A) (AS predicted)
Maths (B) (AS predicted, most likely going to drop the subject in year 13)
Extracurriculars:
-part time job
-volunteering and leadership roles at school
-about to complete a week of work experience at my local hospital

Any advice would be well appreciated!
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by medrbg
Hi, i am a student in year 12 and am really unfamiliar with the process of choosing Unis as I haven’t done much research. I was wondering if anyone could take a look at my academics and advise me on the sort of unis i should aim for as i have no clue! I am planning on reading medicine or something science based at university.
GCSE Grades:
A Levels:
Extracurriculars:
-part time job

@medrbg - Search - UCAS
Original post by medrbg
GCSE Grades:
A Levels:
Extracurriculars:
-part time job

Don't drop Maths, as you can achieve an A star or A grade with HindsMaths, BicenMaths, TL Maths and ExamSolutions on YouTube.

So drop English Literature as it is too much work for an A grade. ☹️

Also, a lot of science degrees will demand A-Level Maths at B grade or above and the more popular courses an A grade or even A star?! 😉

Aim for Oxford/Cambridge, London: Imperial, UCL, KCL, QMUL, St. George's and Durham, Bristol, Warwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Keele, Sussex, Brighton, UCLan and Edinburgh. 🙂
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by medrbg
GCSE Grades:
A Levels:
Extracurriculars:
-part time job

Wouldn't suggest dropping maths as its a rly good subject to have when applying for med, its litch a preferred subject in most med skls, english on the other hand isnt and has nothing to do with sciences/medicine.
Also how did you get ur predicteds already?

Quick Reply

Latest